Communications and College Relations Manager
Baruch College – Communications and College Relations Manager
The Weissman School of Arts and Sciences (WSAS) is one of three schools at Baruch College, which is part of The City University of New York. Weissman’s mission is to provide an inclusive and transformational education in the Arts and Sciences. The School offers 13 majors and more than 50 areas of study for undergraduates, including math; science; English, communication, and journalism; psychology, political science, history, sociology, and philosophy; fine and performing arts; and ethnic studies (Black and Latino studies, Jewish studies, Asian American studies). Weissman also offers master’s degrees in arts administration, corporate communication, financial engineering, industrial/organizational psychology, and mental health counseling. Baruch College is located at Lexington Avenue and 25th Street, just east of Madison Square Park and the Flatiron District.
Baruch College invites applications for the Communications and School Relations Manager for the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences. The Communications and School Relations Manager will support the Weissman School’s brand and presence that celebrates diversity and successfully advances students’ academic, professional, and post-graduate success. The ideal candidate will work with the School's leadership to manage and integrate college-wide resources to support WSAS's communications and marketing goals.
The position reports directly to the Dean of the School and will be responsible for developing and implementing a tactical communications strategy; developing, managing, and coordinating program marketing efforts, public relations including social media, and business development. The position requires ongoing collaboration with internal WSAS's constituencies as well as a diverse set of School partners.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Office of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs (OCMPA) to integrate WSAS's activities and goals with the College's efforts around marketing, recruitment ,media relations, and community affairs. This includes being the key WSAS point person for efforts around general marketing and communications, the promotion of WSAS's administration and faculty as Subject Matter Experts, highlighting national recognition, supporting WSAS's efforts at industry conferences, crisis management, and stakeholder communications that include social media. Design and draft WSAS reports and broad-based communications intended for significant audiences.
- Plans and implements major activities such as the School's presence in both social and conventional media that includes, but is not limited to, the School's website, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, Google+, Vimeo, YouTube, Flickr, SlideShare, print media, radio and TV, as well as syndication of all the School's communication products. Provides editorial, technical and production expertise in those areas.
- Consistent updating of communication materials.
- Work closely with OCMPA and the WSAS Offices to coordinate and manage all domestic and international marketing efforts with regard to the programs in these offices. Provide marketing assistance to WSAS faculty and staff to grow existing WSAS program offerings.
- Assess the needs and formulate a plan for ongoing alumni relations efforts by integrating local efforts with the College's Office of Alumni Relations.
- Oversees and makes strategic recommendations based on Web and target audience trending. Consults with WSAS leadership to assess and determine design and technical specifications.
- Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects and prepares reports to update usage statistics, and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites.
- May supervise staff as needed.
Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work on-site in the office.
All CUNY employees must reside within a commutable distance to the tri-state area.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
$76,395 - $93,491
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required in marketing and communications, or related disciplines
Overall, the responsibilities of this position require creative, analytical, evaluative, interpretive, and critical thinking to implement the best practices across the various disciplines. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
Master's degree preferred. Experience in higher education preferred. Ability to partner with College-wide functional offices to build and implement plans for WSAS's various efforts.
Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Exceptional organization and time management skills.
Ability to multi-task while meeting strict deadlines.
Ability to take direction and work independently to achieve established goals.
Strong knowledge of WordPress, Social Media, Adobe InDesign, ConstantContact, Canva, PowerPoint and Zoom
This position requires an individual who understands person-to-person relationships and has the ability to articulate in a persuasive manner the vision and priorities of the School. The management of internal resources as well as external agents is required. Experience with business development and marketing required.
- How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website cuny.jobs to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #25149. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting https://cuny.jobs/new-york-ny/communications-and-college-relations-manager/0CEE1A351B9048FF8454B87324AB39A6/job/
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions below. Please upload a resume and cover letter.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www2.cuny.edu/employment/system-instructions/ for information
November 18, 2022.
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.