Provost, Linfield University
Linfield University, an independent liberal arts university located on 189 picturesque acres just outside of McMinnville, Oregon, is in search of their next Provost. The Linfield University Provost serves as the chief academic officer for the University, including its three colleges, and provides academic leadership, guidance, resources, and bridges between the academic and student affairs units on campus to create an integrated student experience. As a strategic leader, the Provost guides the academic direction of the University and fosters a cohesive leadership team across all academic units, admission, enrollment management, and administrative support units that reflect Linfield University’s mission to “connect learning, life, and community.” The Provost reports to the President, the University’s chief executive officer, and serves as acting president in the President’s absence. The Provost is also a major spokesperson and advocate for the University’s commitments to academic excellence and for those key humanistic principles that comprise the foundation of a Linfield University education.
Linfield is actively engaged in promoting, advancing, and confirming our commitment to diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse and vibrant Linfield contributes to academic excellence and critical thinking and welcomes candidates who bring a diversity of identity, culture, experience, perspective and thought. All candidates are encouraged to address how their professional and lived experience, scholarship, teaching, research, mentorship, and/or service will build on our diversity and inclusion efforts.
An earned doctorate in any academic discipline.
- A minimum of 5+ years in the C-suite, as a dean, or comparable experience.
- Significant record of administrative and academic leadership in higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment to scholarship through publications and conference presentations.
- Demonstrated experience with institutional and/or academic program accreditation.
- Evidence of student-centered teaching and/or mentoring new majority students (first generation, students of color, transfer, and Pell-eligible students).
- Experience with budget and with revenue or growth generation.
- Strong oral, writing, and presentation skills.
- A clear vision for the role of a twenty-first century university.
- Proven leadership, communication, budgetary, and management skills in complex organizations.
- Proven accomplishments requiring high levels of collaboration and conflict management.
- Readiness to lead change management.
- Confident leadership and the ability to lead a cultural transformation.
- Extensive, current knowledge of American higher education in both traditional and nontraditional delivery formats, including virtual learning and other innovative learning models.
- Commitment to the New American College and University mission of higher education, including values of the liberal arts and theoretical and applied education for all students.
- Experience with strategic planning, academic program development, and accreditation.
For additional position duties and requirements, essential functions, and to apply, please visit https://bluerocksearch.com/job/provost-linfield-university/