Human Resources Technology Lead
Colgate University Hamilton, NY Full-time Human Resources
Posted on December 3, 2022
Human Resources Technology Lead
Requisition Number: 2022S081Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: Human Resources
The Human Resources Department seeks to provide leadership and expertise on human resource matters by serving as internal consultants to University employees. It is the goal of the Human Resources Department to develop and support a diverse workforce; to attract and retain quality employees; to facilitate open, two-way communications between supervisory and staff personnel; to develop and maintain a climate of mutual trust, confidence and sensitivity to the needs of our employees and the University; and to build and enhance motivation, a spirit of cooperation and job satisfaction. We seek to serve as advocates for equity, diversity and inclusion, to provide excellent customer service and to strengthen and support the University in achieving its aspirations through the human dimension.
Primarily accountable for the creation and management of efficient projects, processes and record keeping across the suite of HR services, including ERP and talent systems. Responsible for recommending investment strategies in University HR information systems, data management processes, and HR process improvement efforts. Ensures optimal implementation, configuration and management of HR systems, processes and data.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees upgrades and implementations following project management methodologies, ensuring successful system deployments and maintenance.
- The effective maintenance of all HR-related employee records, both electronic and hard copy. Ensuring all records are maintained to applicable regulatory and University standards.
- Provides guidance to all HR staff on efficient and accurate use of core HR processes, to include University-wide processes (e.g. open enrollment, merit increases, recruitment, etc.).
- Creating and maintaining an environment in which accurate, clean HR data is accessible to appropriate users and HR professionals. As required, may be accountable for the development of sophisticated analysis of HR data in support of University talent programs.
- Making key data and related analysis accessible to the HR teams and key constituents for the development of policies, programs and administration.
- Creates relevant reports, visuals and dashboards with various reporting and business intelligence tools and facilities advanced reporting.
- Troubleshoots technical support for the HR Department.
- Communicates with the IT department and assists in troubleshooting integration files between systems.
- Performs setup and maintenance of supporting HR tables and security access of applicable systems.
- Leads and/or participates on implementation teams. Supports and coordinates the HR team through implementation and upgrade processes.
- Creates testing scenarios for upgrades and new systems.
- Trains HR staff on new technology.
- Maintains HR Webpage(s) for updates and accuracy.
- Accountable for supporting a broad spectrum of HR functions which may include, tracking key performance indicators, analyzing market data and compensation programs, annual salary process, responding to surveys, conducting research and analysis to address a variety of issues and challenges related to human resources, including delivery of services.
- Expert level technical skills with Excel, Word and report writing tools for pulling accurate data from a variety of database systems.
- Four years of previous experience with an enterprise resource planning system (ERP) and/or human resources information system (HRIS) or a similar system from which experience can be drawn.
- Proven ability to build productive partnerships with key partners and campus constituents.
- Ability to operationalize complex program designs into implementation.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of employees, students and community members.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Previous experience working in a human resources department that provides a general knowledge of the various HR functions.
- Experience with any of the following: Tableau, Banner, Crystal Reports, PeopleAdmin
- Experience leading large technology projects is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of experience and/or education from which equivalent experience can be drawn.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Please share a diversity statement with us in your cover letter.
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni population representing a variety of races, gender identities, social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national origins, etc. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan presents a framework for continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and engaging the Colgate community in this effort in the years ahead.
Please describe how you would connect and work with a diverse community. The statement can be any length (e.g. paragraph or page). You can share the statement in your cover letter. For information on how to write a diversity statement, see our Guidance on Crafting Diversity Statements.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://careers.colgate.edu/postings/4264
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency