Diversity Equity Inclusion Coordinator (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County Pittsburgh, PA Full-time Education
Posted on March 17, 2023
Diversity Equity Inclusion Coordinator (Reg FT)
Position Title: Diversity Equity Inclusion Coordinator (Reg FT)
Department: Office Diversity & Inclusion
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 31, 2023 The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Hybrid
Salary Grade: Admin 12 - $43,677
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6027
Job Open Date: 3/17/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Provides general support to the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI).
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of one (1) year of related experience or Associate's degree and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience; considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, as well as standard clerical techniques and expertise with Microsoft Office suites; excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to compose effective and accurate correspondence; ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system.
Preferred Requirements: Experience in a higher education setting. Direct experience providing support for diversity and inclusion initiatives. Energetic and innovative with experience developing and coordinating collegiate-level programming. Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, faculty, and within the community to engage students with a holistic experience that complements academic experiences. Ability to create, monitor, and maintain processes in an effective and timely manner within college policy and procedures. Should possess good organizational, customer service, written/oral communication, and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented, adaptable, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be team oriented.
1. Assist with the design of cultural programming related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
2. Implement cultural programs and trainings for diversity, equity & inclusion.
3. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external constituents, including students, faculty and staff.
4. Handle, manage and secure sensitive, confidential, and private information.
5. Assist with contracts, audits, government requirements, and college-wide reports.
6. Assist with events and special projects, including logistical and programmatic support.
7. Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Civil Rights/Title IX case management database designed to organize, manage, and track complaints.
8. Manage the logistics of the Civil Rights/Title IX complaint intake process which includes scheduling meetings, drafting form letters, issuing notices, case follow-up, and other administrative tasks.
9. Participate in college and university committee activities as assigned.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1253
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency