Research and Instruction Librarian
Florida Gulf Coast University Fort Myers, FL Full-time Education
Posted on January 7, 2023
Research and Instruction Librarian
The Florida Gulf Coast University Library seeks to hire a(n) collaborative and service-oriented Research and Instruction Librarian who will report to the Director of Research, Scholarship, and Instruction. The Research and Instruction Librarian coordinates instruction, providing expertise in the delivery and assessment of high impact library instruction. The successful candidate builds relationships with faculty, staff, and students to promote the library's information literacy initiatives and support high-impact practices which positively influence the student learning experience. They will advocate for student success and retention through the promotion of library services and resources, and participate in the positioning of the library as a strategic asset to the teaching and learning goals of the University.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on various departmental initiatives including library instruction, assessment, outreach, and supporting faculty and student research.
- Monitor trends in library technologies, identify those most relevant to the library and incorporate them into library services and instruction in both in-person and online learning environments.
- Participate in collection management activities. Evaluate and recommend information resources that support the research activities of faculty and students.
- Create and maintain research tools that facilitate library usage, including tutorials and research guides.
- Collaborate both within and outside the university to develop key partnerships.
- Must value and engage in continued scholarship, and service to the university, community, and librarianship.
Additional Job Description
- Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Experience delivering in-person and online (synchronous & asynchronous) instruction, incorporating best practices for learning, teaching, and information literacy.
- Demonstrated understanding of the information-seeking behavior of and the ability to provide research assistance to students in a university setting.
- Evidence of the professional initiative and flexibility required for successful teamwork in an academic library environment.
- Experience in the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with and provide library services to a diverse academic community.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of constituents with varying levels of knowledge and experience, including faculty, librarians, and students.
- Ability to proactively collaborate with faculty to provide information literacy instruction sessions relevant to student research assignments.
- Ability to provide specialized assistance to faculty and staff for research projects and curriculum development.
- Ability to plan, initiate, and implement effective programs, projects, and services, working both independently and collaboratively.
Special instructions to applicants:
Appointment will be made on 12-month multi- year appointment basis available August 2023.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida's Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida's Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials
Five (5) Professional References
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Research-and-Instruction-Librarian_R0003349
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency