CRM Communications Coordinator
CRM Communications Coordinator
The Division of University Life (UL) at George Mason University is seeking interested and qualified candidates for the position of CRM Communications Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department:
UL Marketing and Communications: (1) provides audience insight and defines success using evidence‐based metrics and analytics; (2) improves efficiency by implementing new technologies and promoting a common approach to marketing and communications; and (3) strengthens alliances both within UL and between UL and campus culture by devising and executing targeted communications plans and creating connections through collaborative communication efforts.
About the Position:
This position will have primary responsibility for the scheduling and production plans associated with new and ongoing student and family communication campaigns focused on student success through the current constituent relationship management tool (Salesforce). This position works closely with New Student and Family Programs (NSFP), Student Success Coaching (SSC) within UL, as well as other University departments to coordinate and execute the building, scheduling, and quality assurance of email and SMS campaigns across University Life. This position is also responsible for reporting on campaign performance metrics, implementing campaign testing and segmentation, troubleshooting with end-users, and developing documentation of these processes and best practices. This position also serves as a subject matter expert on the CRM tools utilized by University Life, including Target X and Marketing Cloud.
- Functional development, execution, and reporting of communication plans for New Student and Family Programs (and Student Success Coaching once transitioned to Salesforce);
- Execution of current email and text message campaigns to enrolled undergraduate, non-degree, and special populations of students and, in some cases, their families;
- Synchronization of both automated and one-off trigger campaigns throughout the constituent lifecycle in support of the student experience;
- Implementation and documentation of segmentation for constituent populations;
- Coordination, execution, and documentation of communications content, data reports, and required approvals needed for campaign launches;
- Communicating with multiple stakeholders in different departments;
- Creation and maintenance of reports and dashboards necessary to track campaign performance metrics;
- Perform testing for student populations when necessary;
- Main applications utilized are Salesforce, TargetX, Mogli, and Marketing Cloud;
- CRM support and troubleshooting for University Life, including communications to the larger Salesforce team for requested improvements or escalations to vendor for resolution;
- Provide regular reports to the Salesforce team to keep them updated on initiatives involving the system;
- Responsible for reviewing Salesforce, TargetX, Mogli, Marketing Cloud release notes and
- following up with EM/ATT pre-launch of upgrades;
- Gain familiarity with relevant Salesforce applications as part of the University’s overall Salesforce migration;
- Expectation to gain competency in Marketing Cloud and Student Success Hub; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience with and understanding of customer service roles;
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Salesforce preferred);
- Experience coordinating communications with multiple business or functional areas;
- Highly organized and pays attention to detail;
- Familiarity with project management processes and software such as Smartsheet;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and/or ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders or invested parties;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues with differing levels of technical and functional expertise;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and/ or anticipate organizational needs and translate them into technical requirements;
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team; and
- Initiative to research and investigate ideas or challenges experienced with software tools and understanding when to involve others for support.
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred;
- Experience with email communication software preferred; and
- CRM technical experience preferred, specifically creation and analysis of communications within the system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09750z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.