Health Services Office Manager
Haverford College Haverford, PA Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on November 8, 2023
Haverford College invites applications for our full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt, benefits-eligible Health Services Office Manager opportunity.
Haverford Offers Great Benefits: The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes automatic 10% retirement contribution to your retirement account upon eligibility (no match required), a 50% tuition benefit for dependent children upon eligibility, 14 paid holidays (including the week before New Year's Day off), Health Savings Account contribution of $650 for individuals and$1300 for families (no match required), affordable medical plans, and a beautiful arboretum campus with walking trail and easy public transportation access. Please visit the Benefits page (https://www.haverford.edu/human-resources/benefits) for more information.
About the Position
The Health Services Office Manager oversees the office operations of the student health center, providing administrative and billing support for the Director of Health Services. The Office Manager also assists students in accessing the center's services. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
- Assist students with appointment scheduling and uploading information through HaverHealth portal
- Assist and educate students on health insurance and how to access the Haverford College Student Health Plan (SHIP)
- Verify health insurance and demographics for each appointment
- Assist with incoming students' immunization and health insurance documentation and regularly communicate with incoming students for compliance prior to arriving on campus. Assist summer office staff with all compliance
- Manage schedules of all Health Services staff
- Work cohesively with the Director regarding contract renewals and payment, monthly statements, individual student health insurance bills, daily student charges, medical supply payments, and outside organization office payments
- Provide Director with end of the month reports of expenses and payments
- Learn and become well versed in “Workday,” the College's payroll and business platform
- Learn and become proficient in “Pyramed,” the Electronic Medical Record
- Learn and become proficient in “Epic” to find student medical reports
- Maintain all required data on health care professionals, ensuring current licenses, NPI and DEA numbers, CPR training, and malpractice
- Maintain a professional atmosphere, by communicating effectively both in writing and verbally, being punctual, and dressing in work attire appropriate to a health services office
- Ensure patient privacy and uphold patient confidentiality rules and regulations
- Be aware of HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act) and follow accordingly by not sharing medical information without written consent
- Mentor student employees and delegate responsibilities to increase their office management skills and professionalism
- Partner with and support, as needed, other offices within the Student Life Division
- Update and monitor the Health Services website
- Assist with special events, such as Montgomery County Department of Health STI screening, annual blood drive, and annual Health Fair
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in a medical office environment, or a Bachelor's degree and two years of administrative experience
- Comprehensive proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organization skills
- Ability to provide independent judgment and access relevant resources with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience with medical billing, including medical and bill coding
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 background checks
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.