Senior Admissions Counselor
Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA Full-time Education
Posted on December 2, 2022
Senior Admissions Counselor
The Undergraduate Admissions Office is seeking a detail-oriented individual for a Senior Admissions Counselor (Enrollment Services Specialist 4) on the Admissions Services and Evaluation Team. The primary responsibilities of the position include evaluation of undergraduate applications for admission, and management of other admissions-related processes.
Duties will include the following:
- Respond to direct requests from individual applicants, parents, and counselors through phone, email, and assisting visitors to the office and contribute as needed;
- Review applications marked as potential exceptions and approve final decisions regarding admissions;
- Present at recruitment events for prospective and current students on behalf of the University;
- Manage communication with prospects, parents, high school counselors, and other University units regarding admissions to specific programs and/or campuses;
- Act as a leader and subject matter expert in special project areas;
- Advise on admissions communications in conjunction with Marketing & Communication;
- Analyze internal, regional and national statistics and data for strategic planning for specific projects;
- Advise on planning and assigning areas of responsibility, monitor workflow activities; and
- Provide supervision to support and/or para-professional staff within the unit.
Education and experience:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or higher plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 software applications, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, DocFinity, and Slate is preferred. The ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential. Attention to detail, discretion with confidential data, strong customer service, organization, problem solving skills, and the ability to communicate effectively are required. The position will require flexibility to learn and adapt to new software programs and solve problems in a changing environment. Candidates should submit cover letter and resume for a complete application.
Background checks: This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check.
As a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, it will be expected that the successful candidate be able to model Penn State's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. At this time, this position combines in-person and remote work. When Penn State has a complete return-to-campus plan for staff, working arrangements will be re-evaluated.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Senior-Admissions-Counselor_REQ_0000036719
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency