Assistant Director, Student Activities
Rhode Island College
Rhode Island College invites applicants for the position of Assistant Director, Student Activities. This is a full-time, calendar year, continuing position.
The individual is responsible for providing oversight to student organizations on campus, developing leadership opportunities for general student body. This position has an emphasis on student clubs and organizations creating new/enhanced student activities that promote pride and create new traditions. The Assistant Director works closely with students to initiate, plan, develop, and facilitate events and activities to enhance the quality of student life and College experience for all students.
The Office of Student Life offers opportunities that honor the whole self and promote the social, professional, and emotional development of our student community. From orientation to graduation, this office aims to create a sense of belonging that fosters advocacy, connection and leadership across campus and in the community. Working closely with Student Community Government, our student organizations, and student leaders, we prioritize and value student centered learning, student led initiatives, and most importantly, student voice.
- Master’s degree in student personnel/higher education administration or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a college or university setting such as might be gained in student activities, residence halls, or as a Student Affairs generalist.
- Knowledge in issues relating to the Student Affairs and Student Activities profession.
- Excellent organization and planning skills to implement multiple, concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Competence in utilizing various technology applications, electronic communication, word processing, and other related functions.
- Four years’ successful professional experience at a supervisory level in a college or university setting in student activities or work involving administration, recreation, student and staff development or similar activities.
- Experience with computer graphics programs and production of visual communications, presentation design.
Application deadline: 1/11/2023
Proposed starting salary: $65,000
For a full job description, which includes additional responsibilities and requirements for the position and application procedures, see https://employment.ric.edu/. Candidates must apply on-line, using Rhode Island College’s PeopleAdmin Applicant Tracking system.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution that values and is committed to inclusion and expanding the diversity of its faculty and staff, the College invites members of protected classes, including minorities and persons with disabilities, to identify themselves as such at the time of application.