HR Business Partner, SDM
Stony Brook University Stony Brook, NY Full-time Human Resources
Posted on January 21, 2023
HR Business Partner, SDM
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Five (5) years of full-time Human Resources experience. Two (2) years of supervisory experience in Human Resource Services. Experience with providing guidance and consultative services to senior leadership, as well as implementing HR protocols and compliance. Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems. Experience in liaising employee relation matters. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Advanced degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Professional HR certification (i.e., SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, HRCI, or PHR/SPHR). Additional years (6+) of full-time experience in human resources, preferably in a unionized workplace. Additional years (3+) of supervisory experience in Human Resource Services. Experience with the upkeep and maintenance of all clinical credentials and/or use of learning management systems. Experience working with Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Knowledge of employment laws; including Title VII, Title IX, Family Medical Leave, Paid Family Leave, ADA, ADEA, AA/EEO, and etc. Experience in public sector employment and/or higher education/healthcare setting, or within a large complex environment. Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau and/or Power BI).
Brief Description of Duties:
HR Business Partner working with Central HR is responsible for managing a broad range of human resources and faculty affairs functions in support of the SDM's mission to deliver innovative, world-class oral health education, patient care, research, and service to the Stony Brook community and beyond. The incumbent will provide HR management, consultation, guidance, and training to leadership, supervisors, employees, and contracted staff in alignment with the SDM's organizational goals, and compliance with requirements of the State University of New York (SUNY) human resources policy and the school's faculty practice plan. Provide clear insight and guidance regarding HR policies, best practices, and strategies for managing employee relations and complex HR issues with a culturally diverse SDM community.
The HR Business Partner must have the ability to manage/liaison workplace conflicts, negotiate and influence the workforce, and work collaboratively on employee and labor relation matters. They will foster and establish a high-level moral core, integrity, accountability, and dedication to the values, mission, and vision of the SDM. They will be a driven individual with a positive view and exceptional work ethic.
- Workforce Planning:
- Develop expertise in SUNY academic rank titles in the health sciences, unclassified service titles, classified service titles, and other service titles (i.e., college work study, consultants/contractors, graduate/teaching assistants, student assistants, volunteers, and special categories).
- Facilitate faculty and staff recognition processes, including special designations such as professor emeritus and endowed chair, and the appointment and promotion of non paid volunteer faculty at the SDM and affiliated hospitals and/or clinics.
- Work with the Assistant Dean and Dean to develop and standardize faculty offer letters.
- For planning purposes, communicate HR transaction timelines with the hiring supervisor.
- Develop and coordinate faculty annual evaluations, counseling, conflict resolutions, consultation of the university ombudsman, and grievance processes.
- Work with leadership in evaluating human capital and talent management needs.
- Develop, prepare, generate, and analyze reports for a variety of stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Central HR and participate in HR meetings communicating information to stakeholders.
- Establish key performance indicators to evaluate the progress of human resources management in meeting its performance objectives.
- Maintain current reports on SDM compensation structures (including temporary compensation) and evaluate competitive pay structures and salary equity.
- Working with Central HR maintains up-to-date HR information including health insurance and benefits in order to help guide SDM employees.
- Audit salaries yearly to make sure employees are treated equitably.
- Recruitment and Retention:
- Collaborate with SBU HRS Recruitment and SBUH HRS Talent Acquisition Team to ensure timely onboarding of employees.
- Collaborate with SBU HRS Recruiting, SBUH HRS Talent Acquisition Team, and external recruiting agencies, while developing expertise in competitively recruiting renowned faculty and staff.
- Develop recruitment plans and outreach in conformity with SUNY AA/EEO regulations.
- Write position descriptions which convey the responsibilities of new positions and changes to existing positions. Regularly review and standardize duties that meet the SDM's operational needs.
- Assist and guide hiring supervisors in completing staffing needs assessment and developing recruitment strategies, leveraging systems, researching job boards, and introducing/implementing best human resources practices for position management.
- Develop and maintain SDM's onboarding programs for employees and supervisors; work with supervisors to develop career plans for employees.
- Participate in the development and coordination of employee experience and appreciation initiatives in alignment with employee retention and engagement strategies and in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with supervisors to ensure a strong performance management program. As necessary, review performance issues and develop performance improvement processes including delivering training programs.
- Manage a $10K/year budget for recruitment advertisements for faculty and staff hires.
- Employee Trainings:
- Create school-wide orientation training to transition new employees into the SDM culture.
- Ensure new supervisors have completed needed supervisory training.
- Conduct needs assessments, develop, and in coordination with Central HR, implement training to address needs including leadership training and professional development.
- Collaborate with university-wide units to provide training for employees to ensure they have the needed resources to perform their functions.
- Implement and oversee the SDM Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Employee Relations:
- Ensure ongoing communication with leadership, supervisors, and respective employees to strengthen the employer-employee relationship.
- Liaison resolutions of workplace issues with communications between leadership and staff.
- Maintain positive relationships through proactive communication with key stakeholders including employees, leadership, VP Health Sciences, SBU HRS, SBUH HRS, Medical Staff Office, Visa and Immigration Services, Office of Equity & Access, Health Sciences Schools Compliance, Employee Assistance Program, Healthier U Employee Wellness Program, and Ombuds Office.
- Collaborate with SDM Leadership to create plans for measuring job satisfaction, employee engagement, and conflict resolution.
- Maintain communications with the Employee Labor Relations office to develop management responses to employee issues and render interpretations of labor union contracts.
- HR Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with annual performance programs, performance evaluations, and other required documents for employment.
- Work with departments to comply with university requirements, including conflict of interest policies and mandatory university-wide training.
- Maintain a repository of HR forms/provide guidance on on-line data collection required for human resources transactions.
- Provide HR support/guidance to the SDM Stony Brook Dental Associate (SBDA).
- Work with the SBU Visa and Immigration Services to develop immigration requirements and documentation with timelines/tracking for foreign faculty.
- Develop employee manuals and maintain SDM Employee Handbook.
- Staff Supervision:
- Responsible for the direction and supervision of staff.
- Other Duties as Assigned:
- Other duties as they pertain to SDM Human Resources Management.
This is a Management Confidential position. This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such may be required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are canceled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 30 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. For full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date. If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2204414Official Job Title: Assistant to Vice PresidentJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: School of Dental MedicineSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Nov 21, 2022Posting End Date: Feb 20, 2023, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experience.Appointment Type: RegularSalary Grade:MP5SBU Area:Stony Brook University
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2204414&tz=GMT-08%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency