HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST III - Athletics
University of Missouri - Columbia (MU) Columbia, MO Full-time Human Resources
Posted on December 2, 2022
The University of Missouri Intercollegiate Athletics prepares student-athletes for success. Our talented and inspired employees are determined, innovative, brave, and committed to excellence in developing students and fulfilling the responsibilities we have to the citizens of Missouri. Athletics employs over 900 full-time, part-time, seasonal employees, student employees, and graduate teaching assistants.
The Human Resources team provides leadership in the planning, integration, and implementation of human resource services and programs for all leaders and employees. Collectively with campus colleagues, HRservesas a strategic and trusted advisor,supportsan inclusive and dynamic culture and workforce, andpursuescontinuous improvement through knowledge, collaboration and leadership.
This role performs administrative responsibilities related recruiting, onboarding, orientation, coordination with University Shared Services, and other human resources administrative duties to support an efficient and customer-focused HR unit. Demonstrate effective customer service, communication, organizational skills, confidentiality, integrity, and a commitment to promoting a positive and inclusive workforce is essential.
40% Coordinate the hiring process for 200+ full-time and part-time positions annually, providing guidance and support to hiring supervisors to ensure effective recruitment and hiring strategies occur in support of a positive candidate experience.
- Identify and maintain up-to-date knowledge of effective recruiting resources and methods within the Athletic industry.
- Facilitate expedient and effective hiring practices including direct promote and exception to recruit processes.
- Develop or review job postings, recruiting plans, and advertisements effectiveness.
- Schedule interviews, coordinate logistics, support hiring supervisors, and maintain effective candidate communication.
- Assist with developing job offer letters and employment contracts, ensuring SEC and NCAA hiring compliance.
- Serve as the liaison with University Shared Services and the Recruitment Center of Expertise with job postings, candidate sourcing, and eRecruit processes.
- Ensure employees have access to necessary tools and resources for a positive experience starting employment.
- Facilitate orientation including content development and delivery, campus tours, and individualized 30–60-day training plans.
- Develop and disseminate employee announcements, organizational charts, and other materials to support a welcoming environment and enhancing organizational communication.
- Serve as an administrative coordinator for other HR programs as needed to support a culture and workforce commitment to excellence.
- Incentive plan management including ensuring employees awareness and understanding of the plans, evaluating eligibility and obtaining appropriate approvals, ensuring payments are made by established deadline, maintain appropriate documentation, ensure and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Ensure extra compensation payments are initiated and processed accurately and timely, meeting contractual obligations.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of salary letters and employee contracts. Verify accuracy and compliance with university policies and legal requirements.
- Ensure all employees compensation is accurate and no overpayments occur.
- Coordinate funding changes to ensure supervisors are informed and aligned with budgets.
- Initiate personnel transactions with University Shared Services in coordination with Athletics supervisors including hires, job changes, compensation changes, payroll correcting entries, earnings distribution changes, leaves of absence, separations, etc. ensuring accuracy and completeness before submitting to for final processing.
- Evaluate exception reports, identify actions need and resolve discrepancies.
- Serve as student-work study and graduate student assistant contact within Athletics.
- Ensure personnel file records are maintained according to university policy and practices.
- Maintain effective spreadsheet and query skills to inform decisions.
- Maintain knowledge of university policies and practices.
Salary Range: $19.47 - 27.38
Grade: GGS 9
University Title: Human Resource Specialist III
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile in myHR.
M-F, 8 am - 5 pm
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, and two years' relevant experience.
A Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field with at least three years' experience in an administrative capacity.
Demonstrated experience exhibiting effective organizational and communication skills, attention to details and accuracy, and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Exhibit a high personal standard of excellence, be an effective team player, and demonstrate inclusivity, civility and respect for all.
Operate with minimal guidance, and be a self-directed learner who is flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website athttp://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version