Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic excellence. Located between New York City and Boston in the shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and vibrant community of nearly 7,000 students from across the globe.
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than $300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new academic programs. The University has also added campuses in Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit: www.newhaven.edu
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by students and an overview message from Chancellor Steve Kaplan.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions will represent the University to recruit prospective students and will be responsible for guiding prospective students through the admissions process from initial contact through the students’ enrollment at the University. In order to achieve this goal, they will be required to utilize admissions counseling skills, implement best practices in higher education enrollment management, be sensitive to student and family-service needs, and be prepared to apply relevant policies reflective of the University mission and strategic plans. This position will also include management of a recruitment territory, including traveling to programs. Strong interpersonal, organization, leadership, communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to conceptualize and implement strategic initiatives that are of critical importance to meeting the enrollment goals of the University.
- With direction of Director of Recruitment & Outreach, work with recruitment team to build travel schedules.
- Manage the identification, recruitment, and enrollment of prospective students from a geographic territory.
- Build a fall and spring travel schedule and assist in all recruitment related events both on and off campus including college fairs, high school visits, decision days, and other relevant programming.
- Provide admission counseling to prospective students and be responsible for day-to-day communications with students in person, via telephone, text or email.
- Establish and maintain well-documented enrollment policy and procedure manuals. Communicate updates and changes as required.
- Analyze recruitment data for results and trends. Make data-driven decisions and execute plans on behalf of admissions team.
- Provide exceptional customer service during all on-campus, virtual and special road events (such as Open House, Accepted Student Day, Accepted Student Receptions) and promote the University in a positive manner to all prospective students and families, alumni, colleagues, and community.
- Coordinate time-sensitive application workflow and process applications, including the evaluation of candidates for admissions, utilizing university guidelines to determine admissibility of students and ensuring that accepted students receive appropriate communication.
- Work with the Director of Recruitment to create and maintain reports for all recruiting initiatives that include tracking ROI, conversions from lead, inquiry, application, admit to enrollment. Conduct research on target populations to optimize recruitment and gauge recruitment effectiveness.
- Serve as an enrollment services coordinator/ liaison for a specific college at the university or department(s). This will include working closely with other key players at the University, implement year-round initiatives to improve recruitment techniques.
- Present on behalf of the University at major events such as Open House, Accepted Student Days and off campus at various events such as college planning nights, admissions panels, etc.
- Participate in interviewing process for open admissions positions and support the new hires during the onboarding and training process in accordance with the goals set for the department.
- Support development of staff through weekly 1:1 meetings with direct reports, planning guest speakers at staff meetings and other development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary in order to meet the mission of the University and the school’s enrollment goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in higher education.
- Ability to represent the University of New Haven in a variety of situations and be able to competently interact with a diverse population of prospective students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, leadership and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products required; Sungard Banner Experience preferred; CRM - Slate system experience preferred.
- Ability to travel on behalf of the University representing the school at various recruitment events.
- Requires a valid US driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required for the travel component of the position.
- Must be fully vaccinated in order to be in compliance with University policies regarding travel.
- Ability to work evening and weekends, as needed.
- Must demonstrate a tireless commitment to enrolling and retaining a diverse student body.
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are interested in working for an institution where the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain confidential, through this link: https://apply.interfolio.com/114823
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us at HRDept@newhaven.edu.
It is mandatory that UNH employees abide by all pre-determined Covid related policies and procedures.