Police Officer, Public Safety
University of Tennessee, Knoxville Martin, TN Full-time Law Enforcement / Security
Posted on December 2, 2022
The Department of Public Safety at the University of Tennessee at Martin is currently accepting applications for a Police Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs a wide range of police duties, enforcing laws, rules and regulations to protect lives and property within the university community.
• Duties such as the following are performed: patrolling, regulating pedestrian and vehicular traffic, arresting suspects when necessary, escorting funds for various University units, providing first aid treatment, etc.
• Must be able to work well with students, staff, and law enforcement agencies in the area.
• Must be able to interview suspects, witnesses, and victims to develop evidence and secure information in report form to be used in court or University proceedings.
• The Department of Public Safety is operational at all times and the applicant must be available to work all assigned shifts, day and night, weekends, holidays, and times when the University is closed.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent, no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude and pass an extensive background check.
• Requires physical strength and agility to apprehend suspects.
• Successful candidate must be able to pass a written test, physical agility test, medical physical (to include a drug test), and psychological examination.
• Must have or have the capability to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
• Successful completion of 60 semester college credit hours and/or certified as a police officer in the State of Tennessee.
• Interested applicants must complete an employment application and provide Human Resources with a copy of their Tennessee Peace Officer Certification or documentation indicating the applicant is capable of being certified as a Tennessee Police Officer.
Application Process: Qualified applicants must apply online and attach a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: Applicant review will begin immediately and will continue until a candidate has been identified.
$16.30 per hour (certified), $15.30 per hour (non-certified) - Salary commensurate with education and experience.
To view Annual Security & Fire Report - http://www.utm.edu/departments/publicsafety/index.phpand resume.