Administrative Assistant - Internal Audit
Administrative Assistant - Internal Audit
Virginia’s community colleges have a 50-year track record of educational excellence and innovation to serve the needs of our citizens and strengthen the Commonwealth’s economy. When Virginia’s General Assembly established the Virginia Community College System in 1966, the need for a comprehensive system was well known. Over the two decades after the end of World War II, leaders in government, business, professional sectors, and academia had called for a new approach to providing educational opportunities. A key concern was Virginia’s ability to develop a skilled and knowledgeable workforce to expand the state’s economy. Today our community colleges allow every Virginian to gain a quality education. With 23 colleges on 40 campuses located throughout the state, Virginia’s Community Colleges are committed to serving Virginia families, helping them acquire the knowledge and skills to seize the opportunities of today and tomorrow.
The purpose of the Administrative Assistant to Internal Audit is to support the internal audit team in completing the annual audit plan and to support departmental goals by providing para-professional internal audit and administrative services.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of office and workflow management
- Excellent math skills and basic understanding of the auditing process
- Have an interest in auditing and be willing to develop familiarity with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (the Standards) and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Use of personal computers and related software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite. Must be proficient in Excel and familiar with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills (including oral communication, written communication and active listening)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Develop effective working relationships with all employees and management that encourage teamwork and collaborative interaction in a professional manner with team members and audit clients
- Continuous Learning: Actively continue growth and improvement regarding requirements of the position
- Professionalism: Always demonstrates a professional demeanor and exhibits integrity, objectivity and business maturity whether working alone or in a team environment. Professionalism includes:
- Exhibiting sound character and values including integrity, objectivity, and honesty.
- Using sound professional judgment
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Building relationships with others based on trust
- Taking personal responsibility for actions
Communication: Respects, supports, and cooperates with others. Must be an excellent communicator able to anticipate needs of others, develop effective means to convey oral and written thoughts, effectively manage conflict, and use tact when dealing with others.
Personal Attributes: Has a strong commitment to ethics and is self-motivated, dependable, and reliable while recognizing limitations and seeking advice when needed.
Time Management: Effectively performs work and maintains priorities. Must be able to successfully complete tasks to meet objectives and deadlines, and encourage teamwork and cooperation while establishing an effective working and cooperative relationship with audit clients and staff.
Functional: Actively continues growth and improvement regarding requirements of the position. Must possess a desire to learn new techniques and demonstrate a strong work ethic with a continuous emphasis on improving service and value. Demonstrates sound judgment and creative problem-solving.
Education and Experience
- A combination of relevant experience and education that provides the required level of knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the functions of the job
- Experience compiling, recording, and analyzing information
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools
- Experience working with a variety of people (clients, customers, etc.), confidential information, and small teams of co-workers
- Experience providing administrative support
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment
- Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia procurement rules
- Basic knowledge of audit procedures and practices
To view the full job posting and apply, go to: https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/58495
Virginia’s Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.