Faculty responsibilities are varied and will differ to some degree based upon the individual phases of the curriculum. Teaching responsibilities include developing objectives, curating learning activities and developing appropriate assessment activities. The preclinical curriculum is heavily dependent on small group activities and faculty will serve as small group mentors.
Please note that adjunct positions are only filled on an as-needed basis. Skills/ Requirements
- General knowledge and proficiency in classroom instruction.
- General knowledge and proficiency in clinical knowledge, skills, and abilities to function within one's profession in the primary care role.
- Knowledge and proficiency in on-line technology utilized by the Program.
- Knowledge of the role of health care providers in the healthcare system.
- Basic computer skills including the use of document preparation software.
- Master's degree, Doctorate preferred.
- Graduate from an accredited physician assistant program.
- Current NCCPA Certification.
- Demonstrated successful experience as a PA, preferably in primary health care.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Hold an active PA license and eligible to practice in the State of California preferred.
Works well as a member of a groupEducation
Doctorate or better.
Masters or better.SkillsCommunication
Intermediate Posted: 09/17/2021