ATSU is seeking community members with an interest in helping advance osteopathic medical and dental education by serving as an ATSU standardized patient (SP). SPs are individuals who are trained and compensated to role play or portray a patient with a predetermined medical or dental condition visiting a healthcare provider, or in this case, an ATSU student. Medical and dental students interact with SPs by practicing the art of taking patient histories and non-invasive physical exam skills.
The ideal ATSU SP will:
- Display an interest in advancing medical or dental education
- Enjoy interactions with others.
- Possess flexible scheduling and work hours (part-time).
- Complete required ATSU training.
- Possess a good memory for information and role-play details