A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Senior Biostatistician. The work location will be the Kirksville, MO or Mesa, AZ campus with potential for telecommuting or remote work environments. The position reports to the Director of the Department of Research Support. The Senior Biostatistician will prepare research designs and statistical analysis plans and perform and interpret complex analyses; oversee the activities of the Biostatistician; use statistical and medical understanding to propose and perform additional appropriate analyses; write summaries and statistical texts for study reports and manuscript publications; prepare methods sections and analysis plans for incorporation into abstracts, posters, manuscripts, and grant applications; collaborate in the experimental design of research projects; recommend appropriate statistical methodology for a variety of research projects; and provide technical leadership, consultation, and advice on statistical analysis, methods, and techniques for research studies.
Overtime required when necessary.
Various/flexible hours to cover various time zones as needed.Major Job Duties
- Assist faculty, students, residents, and staff with research design/methodology, statistical collaboration, research manuscript preparation, and scientific research presentation.
- Provide and support statistical analyses of research projects as well as supervise and provide support to the Biostatistician.
- Work with all University schools and departments to facilitate and develop research projects.
- Provide statistical expertise in the design, execution, and analysis of research protocols.
- Assist faculty, students, residents, and staff in the analysis of data and interpretation of results from research studies.
Mentor and develop the Biostatistician.
- Monitor and ensure statistical services are prioritized and completed in a manner that ensures a positive customer experience.
- Provide assistance in the production of research manuscripts and other research publications.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Ph.D., or master’s degree in biostatistics or any related field
- Expertise in a variety of statistical specific software programs (SAS, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Expertise in data collection, research design/methods and analysis considerations/techniques, and survey tools (Qualtrics, REDCap, etc.)
- A record of working well with diverse teams
- Manuscript preparation and scientific research presentations
- Excellent judgment and ability to communicate and work closely with persons that have various levels of research experience
- Well organized
- Work well with deadlines
- Ability to explain complex statistical topics/outcomes to less technical persons
- Must be a positive individual who is a self-starter with a sense of humor
- Assertive yet tactful
- Can work independently, or one-on-one, or in group settings
- Must have the ability to work well with diverse persons both on and off campus with a variety of professional credentials (e.g. basic science, clinical science, and health professions faculty; institutional administrators; private funding personnel, etc.)
- Must be able to mentor and develop the abilities and talents of the Biostatistician
PHD or better.SkillsHumor
A record of research-based scholarly achievement involving clinical research designs and analyses5-10 years:
Expertise in a variety of statistical specific software programs (SAS, R, SPSS, etc.)5-10 years:
Expertise in data collection and survey tools such as Qualtrics, REDCap, etc.5-10 years:
A record of working well with diverse teams5-10 years:
Experience with Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) Posted: 09/17/2021