A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) seeks applications for Standardized Patients (SPs) to work at the HealthSource of Ohio Community Health Center (CHC) in Mt. Orab, Ohio. A Standardized Patient is an individual who accurately and consistently portrays a medical patient with various affects and complaints and will participate in simulated office visits where medical students ask medical history questions and/or conduct basic, non-invasive physical exams. They will work closely with various Patient Proctors who will mentor and evaluate their performance and progress. Memorization of patient scripts and participation in Zoom trainings may be required prior to the scheduled encounter events.
There is no guarantee of work or hours.
Ability to repeatedly bend, twist and stretch as well as freely and quickly move on and off an exam table without assistance and the ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Access to and ability to use reliable technology is required.
- Must be highly dependable, punctual and flexible with scheduling.
- Must work well with others and display a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Must be willing to wear a patient gown with only undergarments underneath, and at times the gown will be removed to allow for the physical exam.
- Must be willing to be videotaped during simulations.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and will report to the ATSU Community Health Center where hired for their SP encounters.