A.T. Still University's Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-KCOM) is seeking an Instructional Coordinator on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. The position reports to the Supervisor of Curriculum and ultimately to the Associate Dean for Curriculum. The instructional coordinator will provide support for KCOM's clinical didactic courses and labs, facilitate the development of web-based course content for clinical courses taught in the four-year curriculum, assist with the performance assessment program, and assist with preparation and administration of examinations.Major Job Duties
- Prepare course materials and provide logistical support for the curriculum.
- Coordinate daily teaching schedule and assist with equipment and guests.
- Develop and support courses within Canvas (learning management system).
- Function as a liaison between students and clinical faculty for curricular matters.
- Handle appropriate correspondence regarding clinical curriculum matters.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to serve the educational mission of the school.
- Assist with producing, proctoring, and recording results of student exams.
- Prepare syllabi and provide logistical support for the curriculum.
- Assist with specific ongoing projects related to the department's research and development functions as assigned.
- Provide support for performance assessments within the curriculum.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of Canvas (LMS) in the admin role
- Knowledge of teaching and assessment
- Knowledge of test construction and validation criteria
- Knowledge of word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Echo 360 and Google Drive skills
- Critical thinking with adaptability and flexibility to execute multiple goals within a fast-paced team environment
- Able to perform under stress
- Able to maintain the highest level of professionalism
- Experience with learning management systems/troubleshooting (Canvas) preferred
- Able to work independently
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done wellEducation
Bachelors or better.SkillsOrganizing
IntermediateProblem Solving Ability
In-depth knowledge of Canvas (learning management system), well-versed in admin role1-2 years:
Computer literacy and presentation software1-2 years:
Problem solving and conflict management1-2 years:
Teaching experience Posted: 09/17/2021