A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking a general dentist to work at a new clinic that has opened in partnership with Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS) (https://www.dmgcrs.org/). This exciting new opportunity will offer ample clinical experience as you work with children, teenagers, and adults, many who will present with unique medical conditions and special needs. Initially the faculty will be providing patient care while working with a dental hygienist and a dental assistant. Over time, faculty will be required to supervise dental residents and/or dental students.
The clinic, located in central Phoenix, employs an affiliated practice dental hygienist and uses teledentistry to connect patients to the dental school to facilitate referrals. Job Duties:
- Provide clinical care to patients at Children’s Rehabilitative Services (CRS), primarily aged 0-12 years old, as well as siblings and family members.
- Participate in teledentistry consultations/examinations as needed with hygienists and other dentists.
- Supervise students and residents as they develop and work through patient treatment plans, achieve educational goals & attain clinical competency.
- Consult with medical professionals at CRS as part of routine dental care.
- Work with clinic development team to expand dental care services at CRS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DDS or DMD.
- Must be highly skilled in general dentistry.
- Must be proficient in treating patients with special needs.
- At least 1 years of experience in a dental teaching environment.
- At least 1 year of experience working with patients with special needs on a routine basis.
Doctorate or better in Dental Surgery, DDS or related field.
Doctorate or better in Dental Medicine, DMD or related field.SkillsTeamwork
Experience in a dental teaching environment and working with patients with special needs on a routine basis. Posted: 09/17/2021