Director of AvenueE
Salary Range: $5,066.67-$10,175.00/Month
Final Filing Date: 7/12/2020
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID #8605
Under direction of the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, the Director of AvenueE is charged with the following:
• participating in strategic planning, including budget management, policy discussions, and decision making for the AvenueE program;
• assuming daily leadership, management, and operational responsibility for organization and delivery of services for the AvenueE program;
• participating and contributing to a variety of committees and councils that oversee support of first-generation, low income and underrepresented students on campus; and participating in ad-hoc committees that provide policy actions or advice affecting this population.
• Master's degree in STEM field, academic advising, counseling, higher education leadership, student services, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills as evidenced by managing daily operations and budgets; using organizational, planning, and evaluative skills in program development; conducting training and evaluating staff performance; and experience with supervision of professional staff.
• Interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively and professionally with administration, staff, visitors, and volunteers, using diplomacy, and good judgment during all interactions in the performance of wide variety of programs and support functions in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Knowledge of the academic environment and pressures encountered by students at a major research university, especially students from under-represented groups and from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
• Experience using decision making skills to extract from complex situations those elements of greatest relevance and present that information succinctly.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in conducting group and public presentations in small and large group settings.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic descriptive statistical measures sufficient to correctly employ and/or interpret such measures in the course of planning for or assessing practices and services.
• Leadership and negotiation skills to motivate a strong interactive team approach among people from diverse backgrounds and to model professional behavior and communication skills.
• Political acumen and knowledge of protocol and decorum in representing the college and the university in interactions with multiple diverse constituencies.
• Experience providing advice to faculty on existing policies and/or regulations and innovative ideas for improvements.
• Background Check
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
THIS CONTRACT POSITION ENDS 12 MONTHS FROM DATE OF HIRE WITH POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION AND/OR BECOMING CAREER
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerPosted: 06/24/2020