The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Division of the Office for Access and Equity (OAE) is seeking applications for an Information Technology (IT) Coordinator position.
Reporting to the Director of the ADA Division, the ADA IT Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical and subject matter expertise to the division regarding IT accessibility. Additionally, they will provide support and guidance to campus with respect to compliance with campus accessibility policy, related technology best practices, and compliance requirements. The incumbent’s duties will include working with the IT Accessibility Liaison Program, and coordinating the Electronic Information Technology (EIT) Accessibility exception process.
The ADA IT Coordinator is a key role for successful implementation of the EIT Accessibility Policy.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Provides Subject Matter Expertise to Stakeholders
- Serves as a resource for and provides advice and guidance to the ADA office and campus faculty and staff on issues of technology accessibility.
- Provides technical expertise on the interpretation of and implications for current IT accessibility related laws and regulations affecting University policies and procedures to the ADA Director.
- Assists the ADA Division with technology accommodations information and keeps abreast of developments in the area of technology accommodations.
- In conjunction with the ADA Director, participates in regular evaluation and updating of the university ADA Transition Plan, in consultation with relevant University offices and stakeholders.
Training and Climate
- Coordinates, develops, implements, presents, and reviews training programs for University faculty, staff, campus units and other groups affecting the campus.
- Assists with identifying existing strengths and limitations of existing campus technology accessibility efforts and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Conducts assessments of faculty, staff, student, and visitor attitudes and perceptions of their experiences to better understand factors contributing to technology accessibility problems and successes.
Data, Reports, and Marketing Materials
- Collaborates on the collection and analysis of data regarding campus accessibility as it relates to IT access for faculty, staff, and students and make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Ensures the accuracy of institutional data and oversee compliance with required reporting under state and federal laws related to technology accessibility.
- Develops and maintains materials and other informational pieces to broadly disseminate information regarding technology accessibility and policies/procedures relating to persons with disabilities including updating online materials.
- Drafts and delivers accessibility evaluation reports with follow up as necessary.
- Works closely with the Director of ADA and the Office of Access and Equity, Chancellor’s Committee on Access and Accommodations, the Division of Disability Resources and Educational Services, Technology Accessibility Review Committee, IT Accessibility Liaison Group, and other key stakeholders.
- Works closely with staff in the OAE to foster a collaborative environment for accessibility work.
- Other duties as assigned.