Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
Widener University School of Nursing HARRISBURG Campus is seeking qualified faculty for adjunct classroom positions for our Accelerated Second Degree BSN program. Nursing faculty with specialties in Pediatrics, maternity/women's health, Population health(community), psych/mental health, medical surgical and leadership are encouraged to apply. Primary Classroom Responsibilities of Adjunct Faculty: Required before the start of class:
Required throughout the semester:
- Complete all clinical health requirements in CastleBranch
- Complete Widener University Orientation requirements (e.g. Modules on Canvas, NurseTim).
- Upload a syllabus and any course materials onto the learning management system (LMS) at least one week prior to the first class meeting. The academic supervisor should be consulted for the required format of a syllabus. A final course syllabus must be turned in to the academic supervisor by the date and time specified by the supervisor.
- Edit your Canvas Homepage with name and contact information and any other assignments, grades, feedback required for the course by the Course Coordinator.
- Complete and send an introduction announcement in Canvas with required elements of your class including your contact information and availability
- Publish Canvas page once updated
- Meet all classes as scheduled for the entire specified time.
- Create an environment that encourages learning.
- Support a student's right to learn.
- Be available to students outside of the specified class at times convenient to students.
- Submit grades by the date and time specified by the Registrar's Office. If a student appeals a final grade, adjunct faculty must be available as part of this process as outlined in the Undergraduate Bulletin
- Perform additional responsibilities as determined by the academic supervisor.
Required qualifications for an Adjunct Clinical Instructor include a Master of Science in Nursing or Master of Science with a major in nursing. Bachelor's degree in nursing is acceptable if currently enrolled in a Master's program. Completion of the Master's degree is required within 5 years of hire. Must have experience in the area of expertise.Advertised:
16 Jun 2020 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:To apply please click here!