Widener University has established a COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all faculty and staff who will be on our campuses to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Our goal is that all members of the Pride may safely experience Widener's hands on, inclusive, and personalized learning environment in person.
The Simulation Facilitator is responsible for providing a safe practice environment within the Center of Simulation for students at the baccalaureate, master's, and post master's levels. The Simulation Facilitator is an adjunct position.
Reports to: The Director for the Center of Simulation ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Director for the Center of Simulation and Computerized Testing and faculty with developing scenarios for simulation in labs.
- Ensure simulation laboratories are properly prepared for faculty and student utilization in a timely manner.
- Set-up and maintain equipment, able to troubleshoot and ensure that equipment is working properly.
- Implement, run, and debrief scenarios.
- Implement evaluation for simulations including faculty and student.
- Participate in faculty development.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor's degree working towards Master's degree or Master's degree with a major in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years clinical experience and at least 1 year of simulation experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills, flexible, and superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students, support, and professional staff, and faculty.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.
26 Aug 2020 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:To apply please click here!