Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools-the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment-with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education, as the oldest college at Rowan University, has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education. The Department of Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Education operates within the College of Education and offers programs in reading, literacy education, bilingual education, English as a Second Language (ESL) education, and subject matter education (secondary certification) in English Language Arts, Social Studies, Theatre & World Languages.
The College of Education is searching for qualified, experienced adjunct instructors to teach in our programs and to supervise candidates during Clinical Practice (student teaching). This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term-by-term basis. The position requires availability during the daytime hours (8am - 5pm). We are particularly interested in candidates who can teach courses in our reading/literacy programs and/or who can supervise clinical practice candidates in secondary ELA, Social Studies, Theatre or World Languages.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely related to language education, literacy education, or curriculum and instruction
- Meets state licensure requirements for a P-12 certification area related to area of expertise (any applicants for reading/literacy positions must meet requirements for Reading Specialist certificate)
- A minimum of 3 years of P-12 teaching
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to culturally responsive pedagogy and social justice in education
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices K-12 education
- A teaching/learning philosophy aligned with the mission of the College of Education
• Experience with supervision of teachers
• Experience with Danielson framework
• Experience with edTPA
• Experience with teaching in higher education settings
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
Please submit (1) resume/CV; (2) cover letter with a description of courses qualified to teach and how your teaching philosophy aligns with the mission of the COE; (3) three letters of reference Contact:
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Beth Wassell at Wassell@rowan.edu Advertised:
Nov 20 2017 Eastern Standard Time Applications close: To apply please click here!