The Assistant Lacrosse Coach provides administrative, instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction and supervision of the Head Lacrosse Coach and Associate in Physical Education.
- Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct practice sessions under the direction of the Head Lacrosse Coach.
- Recruiting student athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Lacrosse Coach.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Ivy League Conference, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations and/or Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student athletes.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities.
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student athletes.
- Completing all assignments made by the Head Lacrosse Coach including but not limited to budget management, scheduling and fundraising and alumnae relations.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education.
- A high level of competency in lacrosse skill instruction and motivation, and understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment.
- Strong recruiting, teaching and coaching skills.
- An ability to build and maintain positive relationships with student athletes, staff and alumni.
- Demonstrated success in coaching women's lacrosse preferably at the NCAA Division I level
- Proven skills in fan, friend and fund-raising.
- Prior experience as a student-athlete and/or coach at an Ivy League institution
- Valid Driver’s License