Widener University's School of Business Administration (SBA), accredited by AACSB-International, invites applications for a tenure-track position in finance at the rank of Assistant Professor starting Fall 2021. Reporting to the Dean and Department Chair, the Assistant Professor may teach undergraduate and graduate courses, depending on degree and areas of specialty in Finance and Data Sciences, with preference given to individuals with interest in teaching financial data science and financial technology. Candidates should have the ability and interest to engage in high quality research in finance and a willingness to commit to leadership activities, academic, institutional and professional service.
Widener University is committed to fostering an environment in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. The School of Business Administration puts high priority on inclusive pedagogy, inclusive mentoring, and community engagement. Those candidates experienced in, or who would enjoy, working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and those who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity, are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas throughout their application. Duties and Responsibilities:
(include but are not limited to) Essential Duties:
- Teach a range of graduate and undergraduate courses in the areas noted above.
- Normally teach three courses per semester, which may be in the face-to-face, online, or hybrid delivery modes.
- Contribute to the SBA and the University through teaching, research and service (including leadership activities in the university, the community, and/or the profession).
- Strong interest in fostering experiential partnerships with our students by serving as one of the faculty advisers to our Money club and student-managed investment fund, which recently exceeded one million dollars in assets under management.
- Mentor and advise finance undergraduate and graduate students
( education/training and experience required) Required:
- Doctoral degree in Finance or related field from an AACSB accredited business program by the date of appointment. ABD candidates will be considered with a planned completion date by start date.
- Special consideration given to candidates with the expertise and ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: financial data science and technology at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Potential to pursue a productive research agenda.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum development.
- Commitment to leadership and service activities.
- Doctoral degree in Finance from an AACSB accredited business program
- Interest in developing and teaching courses and conducting research in financial data science and financial technologies. We encourage candidates with the ability and interest in integrating Bloomberg, SAP, SAS, "Big Data", and technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning in the curriculum.
- Provide evidence of a record of publications and/or an active research agenda that will enable the candidate to meet our Promotion and Tenure standards.
Qualified applicants must submit a brief application, cover letter, and C.V. for consideration. Please send three confidential references, transcripts and teacher evaluations, if available, to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted. The deadline for submitting an application is February 1, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.
09 Dec 2020 Eastern Standard Time Applications close:To apply please click here!