Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
School of Architecture & Engineering Technology
Florida A&M University
Florida A&M University is seeking dedicated and energetic candidate(s) for multiple positions within the Division of Architecture at the School of Architecture and Engineering Technology. The SAET invites applications for 3 tenure track positions in architecture at the rank of Assistant Professor. The appointment will be at the rank and salary that commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The FAMU SAET Division of Architecture offers four degree-programs; Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies, Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) and Master of Science in Architecture with a concentration in Facilities Management. The SAET is committed to a culturally and intellectually diverse environment that supports a broad range of opportunities for scholarly work.
The successful candidate(s) will demonstrate an ability to successfully teach design studios at the undergraduate or graduate level as well as develop a meaningful research agenda in their area of expertise. Areas of expertise may include (but are not limited to) building technology, digital design and fabrication, design theory, representational techniques and other related fields. Special considerations will be given to candidates with evidence of an innovative professional practice that can significantly impact their teaching as well as their research agenda.
Our design-centric architecture program provides students with a well-rounded education that integrates conceptual thinking, theory, history and building technology into comprehensive architectural projects. Successful candidates will typically teach design studios and lecture courses, provide service to the school and university and contribute to program development.
1. A NAAB accredited professional architecture degree or international equivalent and
2. An advanced degree at the Masters or Doctorate level
1. Evidence of a design centered professional practice and licensure
2. Evidence of excellence in beginning design or upper-level studio teaching
3. Evidence of a research agenda
4. Ability to integrate current digital technology in teaching and fabrication
5. Ability to teach building technology, architecture theory/history or professional practice courses
6. Ability to develop and teach elective seminars in area of expertise
FAMU is a public Historically Black College University (HBCU). We celebrate diversity that includes, but is not limited to, ability/disability, age, culture, ethnicity, gender identification, language, race, religion, sexual orientation and socio-economic status. We strongly encourage applications from women and members of under-represented groups and expect all applicants to identify assets that address our diverse student population.
Application Deadline March 11, 2015
The review of applications will start March 15, 2021.
Employment will begin August 2021.
Qualified applicants must complete the FAMU online faculty application at: http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?hr&Careers@FAMU
Application requirements include:
1. Cover letter
2. Current CV
3. Sample of creative work, student work and/or research (20 pages max.)
4. Statement on pedagogical philosophy and teaching interests
5. Three references with contact information
FAMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA).Posted: 02/12/2021