The Institute for Clinical Social Work is looking for an associate director of admissions and enrollment. The person in this position is responsible for oversight of all admissions and enrollment activities. The position reports directly to the president. We are seeking candidates with a strong ability to support student applicants through the process of admission. The following tasks and skills are also necessary to support applicants.
DESCRIPTION OF INSTITUTION:
The Institute for Clinical Social Work, in Chicago, IL, is a private higher education institution offering an M.A. in clinical counseling and psychotherapy and a Ph.D. in clinical social work. ICSW prepares scholars and practitioners to advance the knowledge and quality of practice in the fields of clinical social work and counseling and to serve diverse communities through professional and academic contributions. In keeping with our roots in social work and our commitment to social justice, we develop psychodynamically informed professionals who recognize and celebrate diversity, practice compassionately, and have the knowledge and skills to empower people to lead meaningful lives.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Attend and organize graduate school and career fairs
• Attract students to ICSW’s academic degree programs, public programs, and community events
• Collaborate with marketing team for recruitment materials and oversee social media platforms • Assist with the development of an annual enrollment plan that includes admissions strategies and organizational enrollment objectives • Create, direct, and implement admissions/enrollment processes and procedures
• Develop and promote ongoing relationships with other institutions and organizations to attract new students
• Identify appropriate marketing activities to recruit new students
• Keep abreast of marketing trends as they relate to admissions and enrollment
• Lead and coordinate recruiting activities (e.g. online orientations, open houses, open classes) • Lead the admissions and enrollment committees • Manage and coordinate all operations related to admissions
• Promote ICSW locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally to attract new students
• Track and report regularly inquiries, applications, and admissions
• Utilize all social media platforms to promote academic degree programs • Work with academic affairs on admissions requirements
• Use data and analytics to make informed decisions
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Identify and supervise student ambassadors
• Work closely with alumni committee in recruiting students
• Maintain recruitment and admissions information on website
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in relevant field (business, communications or marketing)
• Demonstrated ability working with a team • Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
• Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
• Experience using data systems to generate reports
• Experience with recruitment • Knowledge of student information systems such as Blackbaud, Banner, or CAMS
• Marketing and/or sales experience • Supervisory or management experience
• Three to five years of experience in higher education
• Master’s degree in business with a concentration in marketing • Experience with admissions management systems (i.e., Slate or others) desirable but not required • Five or more years of experience in higher education • Two or more years of experience in admissions • Applications from members of diverse and underrepresented groups are encouraged
• Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• A genuine commitment to customer service
• Ability to work with the public is required
• Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Google products and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strict adherence to meeting goals and deadlines
• Confidentiality, punctuality and dependability are essential
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
Physical Demands of Position
Ability to move boxes up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations, within the office and for meetings/events.
Background Check Statement:
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed. Selected applicants will be required to complete an ICSW application form.
Diversity Statement: The Institute for Clinical Social Work is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer equal opportunity employer. The Institution does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Due to the uncertainty around the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, this position will begin in a remote modality and transition to an on-campus position when we return to campus.
How to apply: To apply for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume to human resources at: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Position will remain opened until filled