Posting Details Title
IT Business Manager Posting Number
Information Technology Job Summary
Who You Are
You are a professional with a passion for the finance and operations that make business run. In your prior roles, you have demonstrated the ability to oversee day-to-day operations and ensure that a department or company meets their financial goals. You are comfortable with Information Technology (IT), though no need to be an expert, and are open to asking questions and finding answers to better understand. Finally, you are eager to work with a team of individuals eager to grow with you.
What We Do
IT at Bowdoin handles a significant number of business transactions each fiscal year, with various funding sources requiring complex accounting considerations, and in some cases, administration and reporting requirements. A number of IT projects routinely span multiple years, requiring budgetary and accounting expertise to effectively plan for and administer these projects. In addition, IT is a key partner in a number of responsibilities which represent considerable opportunity and risk for Bowdoin.
What You Will Do
• Reporting to the Senior VP and Chief Information Officer, the IT Business Manager will be a key partner in the financial and business aspects of the Information Technology (IT) division.
• Administer and manage the financial and business affairs of the multiple units within and across IT.
• Facilitate and manage all financial resources, contracts, grants and/or receipt generated areas for IT.
• Perform a range of financial and business-related duties associated with specialized areas such as accounting, budgeting, auditing, and financial forecasting.
• Perform or have oversight of all IT purchasing, contract and invoice management, accounts reconciliation including maintenance and reporting of financial data, financial projections, and cash/receipts management.
• Coordinate various aspects of the people management and student employee processes across IT, including liaising with Human Resources, tracking FTE and budgets, and supervising student interns.
• Responsibilities may also include aspects of office management, inventory control, facilities coordination and planning, information technology cost assessment and budgetary planning, and other closely related work.Education/Skills Requirements
A Bachelor's degree. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and other financial management tools. Competencies critical to success are demonstrated abilities to: manage highly complex situations and relationships, negotiate collaboratively and effectively, meet deadlines, think strategically and provide leadership; communicate interpersonally and organizationally, and solve problems creatively. The ability to learn and adopt the tools and processes is important to being successful in this role.
A Master of Business Administration ( MBA ), other related graduate degrees or related business experience.Experience Requirements and/or Equivalents
Three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience hiring, developing, retaining and otherwise managing people. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP ) and financial reporting systems such as Ellucian Banner, Workday, and Blackbaud Financial Edge will also be very helpful.Standard Work Days and Hours
Generally 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday. This is an exempt position requiring time commitment necessary to satisfactorily complete job requirements.About Bowdoin
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin has maintained its commitment to the liberal arts for well over 200 years. Bowdoin's reputation as a preeminent liberal arts college rests on the excellence of its faculty, students, and staff; intimate size; strong sense of community; and connections to the people, history, and natural beauty of Maine.
Bowdoin's campus is situated in a beautiful natural setting. Located in Brunswick, Maine, a town of approximately 20,000, the College is a short drive from the Maine coast, twenty-five miles from Portland and 120 miles from Boston.
Bowdoin embraces diversity in all forms, and the College is home to talented students, faculty and staff with a variety of racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; religious beliefs; and gender identities, among other factors.
We encourage applications from candidates committed to the support of an inclusive campus community and those who will enrich and contribute to the College's multifaceted diversity. We value a community in which individuals of all backgrounds are warmly welcomed and encouraged to succeed.Shift
N/A Employment Category
Full Time Year Round FTE
1.00 Benefits Eligible
Yes Pay Type
Salaried Background Check Package Requirements
Faculty/Administrative Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Bowdoin vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
No Is a pre-placement physical required for this position?
No Posting Date
07/22/2019 Applications Accepted UntilOpen Until Filled
Yes Type of Posting
Internal/External Special Instructions to ApplicantsEEO Information
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses. To apply please click here!