Posting Details Title
IT Product Manager Posting Number
Information Technology Job Summary
Are you a relationship builder who looks at problems from multiple perspectives? Can you see yourself as a technical resource who is comfortable working with complex, data-driven software environments? Does the role of hands-on system expert appeal to you even though you may not be a programmer? If so, you may be just the right match for this new position at Bowdoin. We are looking for a forward-thinking advocate to help us manage and leverage two of our most critical systems: Workday and Banner.
The role of the IT Product Manager reports to Information Technology but works closely with functional departments, especially Human Resources and the Registrar's Office, to address their needs and issues and find innovative solutions aligned with the technical and strategic priorities of the College.Education/Skills Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Two to five years of related experience in project management or technical business analysis
• Demonstrated ability to consistently provide high-level customer support and resolve technical issues for a non-technical audience
• Clear examples of aligning technical needs with business goals
• Experience as a manager or team lead that demonstrates the ability to direct and delegate work
• Two to five years of direct hands-on experience (e.g., implementer, consultant, technical lead, etc.) with Workday or Ellucian Banner
• Project Management Institute certificationExperience Requirements and/or Equivalents
• Demonstrated ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead cross-functional teams under rigorous deadlines
• Proven problem-solving and relationship building skills in a variety of situations
• Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences
• Fluency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and project management software
• Ability to develop cost/benefit analysis to aid senior-level management in decision making
• Some knowledge of SQL or other relational databasesStandard Work Days and Hours
Generally 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This is an exempt position requiring time commitment necessary to satisfactorily complete job requirements.About Bowdoin
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin has maintained its commitment to the liberal arts for well over 200 years. Bowdoin's reputation as a preeminent liberal arts college rests on the excellence of its faculty, students, and staff; intimate size; strong sense of community; and connections to the people, history, and natural beauty of Maine.
Bowdoin's campus is situated in a beautiful natural setting. Located in Brunswick, Maine, a town of approximately 20,000, the College is a short drive from the Maine coast, twenty-five miles from Portland and 120 miles from Boston.
Bowdoin embraces diversity in all forms, and the College is home to talented students, faculty and staff with a variety of racial, ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; religious beliefs; and gender identities, among other factors.
We encourage applications from candidates committed to the support of an inclusive campus community and those who will enrich and contribute to the College's multifaceted diversity. We value a community in which individuals of all backgrounds are warmly welcomed and encouraged to succeed.Shift
First Shift Employment Category
Full Time Year Round FTE
1.00 Benefits Eligible
Yes Pay Type
Salaried Background Check Package Requirements
Faculty/Administrative Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Bowdoin vehicle or off road vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this job?
No Is a pre-placement physical required for this position?
No Posting Date
09/09/2019 Applications Accepted UntilOpen Until Filled
Yes Type of Posting
Internal/External Special Instructions to ApplicantsEEO Information
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses. To apply please click here!