The Department of Instruction and Curriculum Leadership is seeking to add a non-tenure- track, 12-month Clinical Instructor for Literacy Program (Position # ) in the College of Education, Instruction & Curriculum Leadership at the University of Memphis. Please see the qualifications and responsibilities below.
• An earned doctorate (obtained by August 1, 2021) in Literacy, Reading, Language Arts, or a closely related field.
• Evidence of 3 years of successful P-12 Classroom Teaching.
• Demonstrated commitment to cultural responsiveness, equity, and inclusiveness, addressing the needs of a diverse student body.
• Experience and evidence of excellence in teaching at the college level.
• Experience in K-5 Literacy.
• Experience working with a diverse population.
• Experience with EdTPA (education Teacher Performance Assessment) or various teacher evaluation systems.
• Experience with implementing teacher preparation programs.
• Demonstrated teacher leadership and professional development experience.
• Demonstrated use of technology integration in teaching and professional development.
• Experience with collaborative, school and community-based initiatives and partnerships.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses, face-to-face and online, in literacy pedagogy and theory.
• Participate in professional organizations.
• Model technology integration in classroom experiences.
• Collaborate with local school systems in the preparation of teachers.
• Attend university, college, department and program area meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by the department.
The Department of Instruction and Curriculum Leadership (ICL) offers undergraduate degrees that lead to both licensure and non-licensure tracks. The department also offers graduate degrees leading to licensure with the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) and non-licensure options with the Master of Science (MS), Education Specialist (EdS), and Doctor of Education (EdD). In addition, the department also offers nationally recognized certificate and endorsement programs. We also benefit from strong partnerships with three university-affiliated lab schools— The UofM Early Learning & Research Center, Campus School, and University Middle which collectively serve over 500 children from PreK to 8th grade. The College of Education is dedicated to diversity, inclusion,
equity and innovation and seeks to prepare students for careers as educators, practitioners, researchers and leaders in their respective areas. The University of Memphis is recognized by the Carnegie Foundation as one of two public research universities and the only community engaged public university in Tennessee. It has seven colleges and six professional schools serving a diverse population of over 20,000 students, including 4300 graduate students. The University is strongly committed to its urban mission and outreach programs and recognizes the diverse and integrated role played by each faculty and administration in fulfilling a comprehensive mission of research, education and community outreach. For additional information please see the websites of the university (http://www.memphis.edu), the college (https://www.memphis.edu/education/), and the department( https://www.memphis.edu/icl/).
SALARY & BEGINNING DATE
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The anticipated date of appointment is August 16, 2021. The University offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare and retirement. The state of TN has no state income tax, and the Memphis area has a very reasonable cost of living.
Review of applications will begin March 31, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. The department welcomes a diverse set of applicants. Applications are to be submitted electronically at https://workforum.memphis.edu. Applicants are required to upload (1) a letter of application, (2) a cover letter that highlights strengths/qualification as aligned with the job description, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references. Applicants will receive a confirmation number when all application materials are submitted. Letters of reference and official transcripts will be requested upon interview. Address inquiries and nominations to Dr. J. Helen Perkins email@example.com.
The University of Memphis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
We urge all qualified applicants to apply for this position. Appointment will be based on qualifications as they relate to position requirements without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, handicap or veteran status. The successful candidate must meet guidelines of the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986.”