Cambridge Specialty Company is a rapidly growing Aerospace Product manufacturer. We are a recognized leader and a 1st tier supplier for various OEM’s in the Rotorcraft, Fixed Wing and Jet Engine segments of the Aerospace Industry. We are located in Berlin CT. We specialize in the manufacturing of tight tolerance medium to complex aerospace components and assemblies including Flight Critical and Flight Safety Parts. We are AS9100D / ISO9001:2015 certified and are an approved Flight Safety and Flight Critical Supplier for many of our customers.
We offer the following:
- Clean, Professional and Friendly Work environment.
- Modern 35,500 SF Air-conditioned Facility.
- Very Competitive Health & Benefit Package
- Company matched Simple IRA.
- Opportunities for advancement.
CNC Programmer responsibilities
- Develop and detail manufacturing process planning documentation.
- Develop CAD Models to support process planning and NC programming.
- Develop CNC programs for milling and turning.
- Development of detailed operation sheets for CNC machining processes.
- Identify tooling and fixture requirements as required.
- Identification of special gaging and testing.
- Support manufacturing on new product development.
- Ongoing support to manufacturing for process improvements projects.
- Process Development internally and externally with vendors.
- Manufacturing process trouble shooting.
CNC Programmer experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the Aerospace Industry. Experience with Sikorsky, Pratt & Whitney, Bell and Government Agencies would be a plus.
- Must have CNC Programming background in 3-5 Axis milling and 3 Axis turning.
- Experience using Solidworks and CamWorks for programming is preferred, but experience with other systems is acceptable.
- Must have an all-around background in machining and special processes. Machining processes would include conventional and CNC turning, conventional milling up to 5 axis, ID, OD and surface grinding, jig grinding, honing, wire EDM and various assembly processes. Special processes would include, NDT, heat treat, chemical surface treatments, plating processes, painting, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of material and customer specifications, the ability to interpret requirements.
- Must be proficient in detailed manufacturing process planning operation sheets for components and assemblies as needed to support the CNC machining aspects of the engineering process plan.
- Must be capable of selecting the proper cutting tools and feeds and speeds for part programs.
- Must be capable of designing holding fixtures to support CNC machining programs developed.
- Must have sound computer skills and good organizational skills.
- Must have good communication skills and have the ability to work directly with manufacturing and quality.
- Must be a team player.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Positions at Cambridge Specialty Company require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.