The purpose of this class is to oversee all aspects of the accounting administration for the Community College of Baltimore County, Corona-virus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES Act) grants as well as assisting with general operations accounting.Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale
. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required; CPA or Master's degree preferred. A minimum of four (4) years of current professional accounting experience required. Knowledge of accounting standards for public higher education, along with federal and state regulations. Experience in federal grant compliance and automated accounting system experience required. Proficiency in online financial management systems, excel and word processing required.
- Providing timely and accurate financial information and advice to management and staff regarding the CARES Grants.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and special program reporting requirements for grant activities
- Audit and approve documents for accuracy and adherence to College policy and federal, state and local guidelines.
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance for the operation of grant accounting and compliance functions.
- Analyze various revenue and expenditure reports and make appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance with budgeted projections and grant provisions.
- Prepare budget forecasts and revenue and expense trend analyses.
- Monitor, audit, and reconcile accounts; prepare adjusting entries.
- Monitor and distribute accounting reports and act as liaison with organization managers and project directors.
- Prepare, analyze and provide reports for management, external auditors and government agencies.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all-inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance for the operation of grant accounting and compliance functions, including review and preparation of budgets and amendments, preparation of grant reports and financial documentation.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and special program reporting requirements for grant activities.
- Compile and analyze data as well as prepare responses to questions from external auditors and grantor.
- Prepare audit worksheets, schedules, reports and supporting documentation to be used during grant audits by federal, state or other related agencies.
- Meet with external granting agency representatives to discuss reporting requirements, budget modification requests and to ensure that CCBC is compliant on all agency fiscal matters.
- Responsible for the maintenance, accuracy and reliability of the CARES grants chart of accounts and related processing within the financial management system.
- Review, analyze, and determine causes of any inaccuracies in financial records and prepare correcting entries.
- Monitor and analyze all financial activity, including cash receipts and disbursements and ensure that these transactions are appropriately interfaced with the College's systems.
- Analyze and interpret new federal and state regulations to assure compliance with current requirements.
- Develop, analyze and recommend enhancements to and methodologies for financial reporting and control systems.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. Posted: 06/24/2022