The purpose of this class is to maintain constant surveillance of the pools, render appropriate emergency services, and inspect the pool and report unsafe conditions.
Vacancies available at multiple locations: Catonsville, Dundalk, Essex.
High School Diploma or GED
One (1) year experience as a lifeguard
Certified Pool Operator
Must be at least 18 years of age
Valid certification from one of the following for Lifeguard, CPR & First Aid:
The American Red Cross
The Boy Scouts of America
The Young Men's Christian Association
Blood borne Pathogen training (CCBC will provide)
1. Test and adjust water chemistry; interpret gauges, flow meters, and monitoring equipment.
2. Maintain operational and recirculation efficiency of various filters and systems.
3. Maintain pool chemicals and preventive maintenance logs for the pool.
4. Minimize hazards to all participants as well as staff and faculty by understanding and utilizing the requirements of proper chemical storage, usage, and handling.
5. Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
6. Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies. Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services arrives.
7. Present professional appearance and attitude at all ties
8. Maintain a high standard of customer service.
9. Inspect the pool and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisor.
10. Oversees the handling of identification cards as well as health, incident and waiver forms.
11. Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports (e.g.: health surveys, sign in sheets).
12. Enforce all policies, rules, and regulations of the pool.
13. Provide a high level of customer service.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.