Under the supervision of the Head Athletic Coach, the Assistant Intercollegiate Athletic Coach is responsible for assisting with the coaching of the assigned sport and is expected to:
- Assist with the leadership and coaching necessary.
- Read, understand, and Correctly apply all rules and regulations of the college, NJCAA, NJCAA Region XX and the Maryland JUCO Conference.
- Work cooperatively with the college administration and support staff.
- Assist with the implementation of an organized fund raising program.
- Cultivate an environment of good sportsmanship.
- Perform responsibilities in multi-purpose shared facilities.
- Serve as a van driver for intercollegiate games and scrimmages.
- Perform head coaching duties temporarily necessitated by routine absences of the head intercollegiate athletic coach.
- Ability to work with a multicultural population
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Adjunct level 1 - $900 per credit hour.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years high school, college coaching or playing experience.
- Certification in first aid, CPR and AED.
- Valid Maryland Driver's License with less than 5 points.
- Knowledge of athletic and wellness equipment.
- Experience in multi-purpose recreational facilities.
- Familiarity with the governing bodies of collegiate athletics.