Communications & Media Studies, Adjunct faculty are needed to teach day (evening, weekend, and/or online) classes at the Community College of Baltimore County on one or more of the following courses: Fundamentals of Communication, Introduction to Mass Media, and Movies: History and Art. Adjunct faculty will be expected to facilitate learning via preparation and delivery of instruction, cooperation with College support staff in timely submission of materials and grades as required and, coordination of activities with the Program Director or Coordinator. Adjunct faculty are selected based on program needs and subject matter expertise of the applicant.
Level 1 - $900 per credit hour.
- Master's degree in Communication Studies, Mass Communication, or a related Communication degree.
- Experience using classroom technology and learning management systems preferred
- Two (2) years teaching experience, college teaching experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft applications knowledge
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or course coordinator
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding classroom conduct
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse student population
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and College policies
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are administered and completed in a consistent and equitable manner
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively assessing the established course objectives
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students