The Computer Science/Information Technology Department at the Community College of Baltimore County is seeking day and evening adjunct faculty for all campuses. Instructors are needed for CSIT 101, Technology and Information Systems (explores emerging applied software applications and technologies for PC and mobile devices as tools to generate, present, collaborate and share information for education, employment and personal enrichment), programming (Java, C++), database and web development courses.Adjunct faculty level 1 - $880 per credit hour.
- Bachelor's degree
- Work experience as a computer professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree
- Teaching experience
- Teach assigned Computer Science/Information Technology (CSIT) courses in accordance with learning objectives and common course outlines of the college.
- Collaborate with faculty on course curriculum and other related projects.
- Mentor students and contribute to the success of the Computer Science/Information Technology program.
- Support the community college philosophy through commitment to success of students with diverse goals, backgrounds and learning styles.
- Commitment to the mission of the community college and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain currency in field(s) through professional development and scholarly activities.