Community Education Work Skills Instructor (2020-2021)
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/2316Type of Assignment: Assignment Category:
Temporary Assignment Position Details:
MiraCosta College is accepting applications to create a pool of Community Education Work Skills Instructors. Work schedule would be determined based on the assignment and typically includes nights and/or weekends at the Technology Career Institute in Carlsbad.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.Salary Range:
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.Compensation:
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.Benefits:
Short-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.Position Term in Months:
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the required documents directly in the online system.
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. All relevant degrees, certificates, and/or licenses.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 2) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 3) approval by the Board of Trustees.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.Basic Function:
MiraCosta College Community Education & Workforce Development is the not-for-credit, fee-based department of the college. Our department runs a number of career training programs designed to meet industry needs, while training students quickly and thoroughly. We are looking for a few part-time instructors to teach classes at night and during the weekends. These classes may be held in Oceanside and/or Carlsbad. This position will be responsible for conducting short-term, customized training for the colleges corporate clients and/or to provide instruction for continuing education classes that are designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain industry employment and related certifications.Distinguishing Characteristics:Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Provides instruction, monitors progress and advises students in a productive learning and training environment.
2) Works with other instructors to maintain consistent and integrated curriculum.
3) Maintains records and provides a completed evaluation of each students performance as required by the department.
4) Evaluates and develops curriculum for incumbent workers based on industry needs.
5) Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness of the classrooms, including cleanup and organization of the lab/shop area and tool/supply rooms.
6) Provides co-leadership in developing, implementing, and incorporating Advisory Committee input on curriculum. Makes recommendations to the program manager regarding curriculum additions, deletions, or revisions.
7) Nurtures external partnerships and builds industry relationships.
8) Encourages and exemplifies professionalism, good work habits and leadership.
9) Maintains and implements a classroom management plan consistent with the College and department.
10) Works cooperatively within the department and College. Participates in events, trainings, etc. as requested.
11) Provides feedback to the program manager on course progress, suggested improvements or problems that may impact program quality or stability.
12) Performs other related duties as required.Other Duties:Knowledge Of:
Depending on the course, relevant degrees, certifications and/or licenses may be required.
Please submit all degrees, certificates, and/or licenses with your application.Ability To:Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree or higher in field related to topic of instruction is preferred.Desirable Qualifications:
Minimum of five years of direct experience is required.
At least two years of experience in an academic setting or teaching environment preferred.
Must be an organized, self-motivated individual who works well with the team. Good communication, presentation skills, and a positive attitude are a must.Licenses & Other Requirements:Physical Effort:Emotional Effort:Working Conditions:Posting Number:
S_20/21_002_PHuman Resources Contact Information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854Job Close Date:
6/30/2021Open Until Filled:
YesFirst Screening Date: About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at http://www.miracosta.edu/officeofthepresident/pio/aboutmcc.htmlCopyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-9737fe39345d0340a871e40b74d07add Posted: 06/15/2021