Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and a member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications for a full-time Tenure-Track Assistant Professor for the Department of Psychology, Counseling and Behavioral Health. Founded in 1900, Coppin is an urban residential historically Black university, serving nearly 3,000 students enrolled in day, evening, weekend, and online courses. The undergraduate students focus of study may be in Psychological Services with/without a Concentration in Alcohol and Substance Abuse, or Rehabilitation Services, leading to a B.S. Degree. Graduate-level training offers a M.S. in Addiction Counseling or a M.Ed. in Rehabilitation Counseling. The full-time faculty position is a ten-month position that includes teaching, advising and Academic Committee Membership responsibilities. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver instruction to courses within the department.
- Develop, present, and consistently maintain an active research and publication agenda.
- Participation in student advising.
- Actively support student retention, progression, and graduation of students.
- Provide service on Departmental, College and University-Wide Committees.
- Must have a Ph.D. in Psychology or Counseling from an accredited university.
- Experience in teaching courses in Psychology/Counseling with some Research related background.
- An established record of teaching experience.
- Research experience that exhibits a scholarly background.
Preferred QualificationsSKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge in psychology, counseling, and research.
- A commitment to cultural diversity and social justice.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
Position Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please submit any/all documents related to this matter to AskHR@coppin.edu.