Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications for the Full-Time, Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Humanities. The responsibilities will be related to the enhancement of the visual art program for the University. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach a full-time faculty load (at least 12 credits) of foundation courses in Basic Drawing, Painting 1 and 11, Basic 2-D Design, and other visual arts courses related to the successful candidate's specific research interests.
- Recruit, train, & advise students.
- Coach students in Visual arts-related activities.
- Collaborate with other Humanities faculty, particularly as it relates to the use of technology in visual applications
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
- MFA degree in Visual Arts is required.
- Evidence of notable teaching success of 3 years at the university level.
- Strong foundation of teaching experience in two-dimensional art forms.
Preferred QualificationsSKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Commitment to excellence in teaching a diverse student population.
- Ability to maintain confidential information of students and department grades and advising records.
- Ability to contribute to the Department's visual arts program, research, grants, and service initiatives.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, and the ability to work with faculty colleagues, underrepresented students' groups, and industry partners on various projects and pedagogical activities.
Position Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.