Coppin State University, a fully accredited institution and a member of the University System of Maryland, is accepting applications to fill an Assistant/Associate Professor tenure-track position in Early Childhood Education for the Department of Teaching and Learning within the College of Arts, Sciences, and Education (CASE.) Coppin is an urban residential Historically Black College and University (HBCU) serving nearly 3,000 students enrolled in day, evening, weekend, and online courses. The undergraduate concentration may be in Elementary, Early Childhood, and Special Education. The finalist must have knowledge of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) process.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate Early Childhood Education courses, including methods and student teaching, and assist students in fulfilling their maximum potential by offering comprehensive academic advisement sessions.
- Coordination of Early Childhood teacher certification program and the Early Childhood/Human Development Track.
- Participation in program related accreditation activities for the department & academic unit.
- Conduct scholarly research in the area of Early Childhood Education.
- Participate in activities conducted by the University, College, department, and community.
- Doctoral degree required in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a closely related field.
- Teaching experience n early childhood education and university teaching experience is preferred.
Preferred QualificationsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to teach courses in teacher education (Early Childhood) curriculum and methods courses.
- Evidence of teaching contributions in child development, research, and supervision of interns.
- Evidence of working in diverse learning environments.
- Evidence of incorporating technology in courses to engage diverse learners.
- Ability to work collaboratively on university-wide committees.
Position Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.