The Assistant Professor is responsible for teaching in the classroom, clinical/campus laboratory clinical sites and clinical seminars; planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing curriculum as a member of the nursing teaching team' and providing academic counseling and guidance to nursing students.
Required QualificationsJOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach in the classroom, clinical/campus laboratory clinical sites and clinical seminars;
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing curriculum as a member of the nursing teaching team;
- Coordinate with community health agencies utilized for clinical experiences and maintain effective relations with them;
- Plan, supervise, and evaluate learning experiences for students in the clinical area;
- Schedule conferences with individual students regarding progress;
- Participate in all School of Nursing and nursing course team planning meetings and selected subcommittee within School of Nursing and College of Health Professions; Participating actively in University, College, School and Community service and Activities;
- Maintain own professional growth and remain current in nursing practice;
- Assist in preparation for nursing accreditation visits.;
- Teach day, evening and weekend classes and clinical as applicable;
- Provide academic counseling and guidance to nursing students;
- Holding at least four post office hours per week.
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree required;
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited institution highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Demonstrated clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing and currently at least one area of specialty in pediatric, maternal-child, critical care, and psychiatric/mental health or community clinical areas;
- Recent classroom and clinical teaching experience in a college-level nursing program; Ability to meet challenges of adult students with diverse background;
- Must hold a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland or other verifiable state;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience and an appreciation for and are committed to working in a global, multicultural academic setting;
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the integration of technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in teaching-learning process.
- Must be able to independently manage multiple tasks and set priorities;
- Possess strong oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; Ability to meet challenges of adult students with diverse background; Integration of technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in teaching-learning process.
- The Assistant Professor, BSN Program is a 10 month faculty tenure-track position.
Position Detail Information
Posting Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please submit any/all documents related to this matter to AskHR@coppin.edu.