Coppin State University Information Technology Division ( ITD) keeps Coppin at the cutting edge of 21st century technology. This position reports to the Director, Client Computing Services and assists with the installation, maintenance, and operation of all audio visual related equipment coordinated and scheduled by the Events and Conference Services department. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support in the areas of broadcasting, streaming, seminars, workshops, virtual events, ensuring the highest quality production of both audio and video.
- Track and follow signal flow and layout of equipment by reading and understanding schematics, block diagrams and technical manuals.
- Perform regular maintenance on all audio-visual equipment as well as preventative maintenance. This includes performing regular software and hardware updates.
- Provide upkeep and care for audio-visual, broadcast, and IT technology in order to ensure that equipment does not fail.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose in an expedient manner video and audio issues and perform extensive testing and rehearsal, as well as solving any problems that arise once an event has commenced.
- Work effectively with time-sensitive environment for live broadcasts.
- Communicate with third parties, such as the equipment vendors, in order to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field highly preferred, but not required.
- IT certification is a plus.
- Crestron Electronics Inc. certification is a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years of experience maintaining and supporting communication and video conferencing equipment in an educational setting or large organization.
- Knowledge of Crestron Electronics Inc. communication and video conferencing equipment and ability to program those equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot classroom audiovisual presentation equipment.
- Must possess excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines and due dates.
- Experience in temporary installation and set-up of cameras, audio equipment, video production equipment, screens, projectors, computers.
- Proven excellent customer service skills and outstanding customer interaction.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess great organizational skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work well with others.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Conditions of EmploymentOTHER:
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and work within varied conditions some which may be small or confined.
- Must be comfortable working on ladders and on lifts as required.
Position Detail Information
Position Detail Information
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to start of work at Coppin State University. Medical and religious exemption requests are accepted and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.