Apply by following this link!
The Instructional Production Services (IPS) group within the Digital Learning & Innovation office at Boston University offers instructional strategy and design in online/hybrid modalities, digital media creation, and course production in service of the University's digital initiatives.
The Course Operations Specialist reports to the Manager of the IPS team. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to support the development and production of digital learning projects across multiple learning platforms and programs, including playing an integral role in the development and delivery teams of Questrom's novel online at scale MBA program.
- Work as part of the IPS team in support of the smooth running of the online MBA course development and revision processes. –
- Participate in course delivery and redesign meetings and communications; follow up on and communicate regarding tasks and deliverables that arise from these.
- Manage and supervise relevant course rerun schedules in regards to IPS resource commitments, with defined milestones, due dates, and support needs.
- Cultivate collaborative and professional relationships with Questrom faculty and other project stakeholders to improve course development timelines and delivery experience.
- Support continuous improvement for IPS by helping track and document recommendations for course revisions based on desired learning outcomes and learner interaction data.
- Additional tasks as determined by project need and assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with digital content creation tools, other educational technology tools, and multiple learning management systems.
- Experience collaborating with others, preferably in a higher education setting in support of online learning experiences.
- Basic understanding of course design and underlying pedagogical principles.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; familiarity with common task or project management tools (MS Teams, Trello, Asana or similar) preferred.
- An adaptable mindset to work as part of a growing team in the shifting landscape of the institution and higher education in general.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dependability and meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility, imagination, and creative problem-solving skills.