Dean of the School of Nursing
Elms College located in Chicopee, MA is seeking a Dean of the School of Nursing. As Dean of the School of Nursing, the position ensures the strength of all academic programs within the School. The Dean monitors trends in nursing education, participates in scholarship, ensures adherence to federal and state and accreditation regulations. In addition, the Dean oversees the hiring and development of a diverse faculty, the assignment of faculty workloads, and the management of resources allocated to the School. The Dean reports directly to the vice president for academic affairs and works collaboratively with other deans and department heads under the VPAA’s leadership.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and support for teaching and learning of the highest quality and excellence, and promoting a high quality learning environment for diverse students.
- Maintain the quality of the School and provide visionary leadership in the development of new programs.
- Work with the VPAA, and other institutional leaders to set annual goals for school aligned with the institution’s goals and mission; implements the College’s strategic initiatives directly related to the School, integrating benchmarking and assessment into ongoing planning and vision.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies for nursing programs (CCNE, MA BORN, NONPF); Develop and maintain a systematic evaluation plan to ensure congruence with national standards, professional guidelines, or expected competencies and to evaluate program outcomes.
- Committed to the College’s Mission and Core Values, and to promoting, supporting, and extending the values of inclusion, access, and diversity. Ability to oversee the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and advisement in developing and implementing evaluation and review systems for faculty, courses, and programs.
- Promotes and supports faculty teaching effectiveness, scholarship and research, and service.
- Ensure that faculty and staff work to implement student recruiting and retention plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of the SON operating and capital budget, consistent with the College's financial guideline; recommends priorities to the vice president for academic affairs, and oversees expenditures during the budget year.
- Plays a critical role in representing the College and the SON to external constituents - regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- An earned doctorate; and a record of academic achievement in the discipline meriting appointment as a tenured Associate or Full Professor of Nursing.
- Minimum of five-years of progressive academic or administrative experience and leadership in a Division or School of Nursing; teaching experience complemented by a scholarly record.
- Understanding of the instructional, research, and creative needs of undergraduate and graduate programs of nursing.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining federal, state, or private grants.
- Experience with budget management, faculty and staff development, and promoting college and community relations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the broader educational and professional communities, including health service providers and community-based organizations.
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 professional references via email (as Word or PDF attachments) to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer founded in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph
Elms College is an Equal Opportunity employer. We educate individuals from diverse communities and cultures, and therefore encourage applications from women, minorities and individuals with a commitment to enabling the success of underrepresented groups