The School Dean is responsible for the management and success of the School of Health Professions and Natural Sciences which includes the Departments of Allied Health, Biology and Chemistry, Health and Exercise Science, Landscape and Horticultural Technology and Nursing. The School Dean provides leadership that ensures excellence in curriculum design, scholarly activity, instructional delivery, assessment, and outcomes. The responsibilities also include recruitment, appointment, evaluation, reappointment and professional development of faculty and staff; cultivating an environment of continuous improvement as well as the development and implementation of new programs to meet the changing needs of students and the Morris County area; and budget development and management. This position is responsible for supporting an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion, and student success.
The School Dean is under direct supervision of the Vice President of Professional Studies and Applied Sciences. The School Dean’s position is a 12-month administrative appointment.
Qualifications - Skills:1. Clear understanding of the role and mission of community colleges
2. Student-centered and outcomes focused
3. Experience working with diverse populations
4. Evidence of achieving equitable outcomes for all students
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills
6. Experience in hiring, supervision, and evaluation of personnel
7. Experience helping faculty excel
8. Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and team-building skills
9. Demonstrated ability to work well with others
10. Experience with project management
11. Excellent knowledge of technology
12. Ability to utilize data and conduct outcomes assessment based on the data
13. Proven record of innovation
Qualifications - Experience: Five years administrative experience with a track record of innovation, the ability to lead change, a proven background of designing programs that support positive learning outcomes, the ability to collaborate within the college community and the public-at-large, and experience leading equity-based initiatives are essential. Minimum of three years full-time teaching experience at the college level is required.
Qualifications - Education: Master’s degree in a discipline associated with the school required; doctorate preferred.
All interested Applicants must apply via CCM jobsite link provided: https://jobs.ccm.edu/postings/413Posted: 03/26/2021