S00417P Position Title
Director of Student Diversity Programs Department
Campus Life Position Status
Full-Time Position Type
Regular Months per Year
12 Months Work hours Start Date (For temporary positions only) End Date (For temporary positions only) Position Band/Level
150 = AP29 Pay Range
Commensurate with experience Will Letters of Recommendation be required from references?
No Job Summary
The Director of Student Diversity Programs provides leadership and administrative direction for the planning, organization, and implementation of co-curricular diversity programs on campus. In collaboration with campus partners, including the Director of Religious and Spiritual Life, Director of the Center/Deputy Chief Diversity Officer, VP for Strategic Planning and Institutional Diversity, Director of Intergroup Relations, Director of the Opportunity Programs, and Director of Black Studies, among others, the Director is responsible for creating an intellectually vibrant and caring environment where student engagement, education, and cultural exploration occurs with particular focus on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, nationality, social justice, anti-bias, equity and inclusion. The Director creates, coordinates, and assesses integrative learning for development of students that advances institutional goals regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. The DSDP develops and ensures program opportunities that meet the needs of underrepresented students, including, but not limited to students of color, LGBTQ+ students, international students, and first-generation students, and to student organizations that promote diversity awareness, understanding, and affinity.
Key characteristics of this position include:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with diversity education and intercultural competency program design, organization, implementation and assessment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of student development.
• Ability to form strong advising, mentoring, and working relationships with students of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to collaborate with campus and community partners.
• Budget management, program assessment, and reporting skills.
• Strong knowledge and appreciation of diversity and a sincere and demonstrated commitment to social justice, diversity, equality, and inclusion.
• Experience in conflict mediation is a plus.
• Attentiveness to broad vision as well as administrative (task) detail. Minimum Qualifications
A Master's Degree with a combination of 5 or more years experience in student diversity programs. Preferred Qualifications Physical Demands (For Union Positions Only) EEO Statement
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS. Special Instructions to Applicant Posting Date
11/06/2020 Open Until Filled
Yes Closing Date Quicklink for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Where did you first learn about this position?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Inside Higher Education
- New York State Department of Labor
- Saratoga Chamber of Commerce
- Scholarly Hires
- Skidmore Website
- Times Union
- Career Fair
- Invited by Department to Apply
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by Skidmore Employee
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
To apply please click here!
- Curriculum Vitae