Position Information Posting Number
S00359P Position Title
Director, User Services Department
IT - User Services Position Status
Full-Time Position Type
Regular Months per Year
12 Months Work hours
On occasion, this position requires work outside of normal work hours, especially when system upgrades, changes or outages are underway. Start Date (For temporary positions only) End Date (For temporary positions only) Position Band/Level
160 = AP30 Pay Range
$85,000 - $95,000 commensurate with experience Will Letters of Recommendation be required from references?
Ad Text Job Summary
As an IT senior management member, the Director of User Services participates in strategic planning for the IT department, and plans, budgets and manages all Skidmore-owned desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and printers used by the College's constituents. This position provides leadership, direction, and vision to ensure the College's constituents have the desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and printers and related support they need to achieve their pedagogical, academic, administrative, and/or event goals. The Director also is responsible for overall project management of many of the initiatives related to improving the College's IT, and is an IT department and college liaison to various internal and external groups regarding current and future uses of IT technologies for various College constituents. The Director of User Services directs and supervises a user services support team, desktop support technicians, end user computing specialists- and help desk student workers to: install/set up, configure, maintain, repair, and upgrade Skidmore-owned desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and printers campus-wide; provide the College's constituents the support they need to use this technology effectively; and track and address IT user needs. In directing and supervising these staff, the Director ensures they recommend technologies that best help the College achieve its strategic goals while balancing available technical and financial resources.
Occasionally, the Director of User Services provides IT user support services (including performing any of the User Services team members' functions).
It also has a responsibility to respond to communications and requests related to general IT issues and needs that arise outside of normal work hours. Minimum Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
• Knowledge of desktop hardware and software required
• Five (5) years of experience in IT required
• Two (2) years of formal management/leadership experience required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Experience in providing excellent customer service
• Experience providing data reporting and KPI's measuring performance
• Knowledge of incident response desired
• Experience managing service level agreements as a vendor or client
• Demonstrated initiative, and flexibility
• Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Knowledge of user services and desktop support industry standards and practices.
• Experience with ticketing systems
• Experience with Asset Management systems
• Ability to manage a large team across multiple shifts Preferred Qualifications
Advanced degree preferred. Certification in ITIL or similar IT service related certification desired. Physical Demands (For Union Positions Only) EEO Statement
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS. Special Instructions to Applicant
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following documents: cover letter, resume and list of three references to include name, title, company, email address and telephone number of three professional references.
Documents must be attached through the application system. If you encounter difficulty, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com or 518 580.5800.
Posting Information Posting Date
02/12/2020 Open Until Filled Closing Date Quicklink for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first learn about this position?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Inside Higher Education
- New York State Department of Labor
- Saratoga Chamber of Commerce
- Scholarly Hires
- Skidmore Website
- Times Union
- Career Fair
- Invited by Department to Apply
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by Skidmore Employee
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD or ABD
- * Do you have at least two (2) years of formal management/leadership experience?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
To apply please click here!