GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Northland Pioneer College invites applications for a 9 -month faculty position in Chemistry/Biology beginning Fall of 2020. This position will consist of teaching up to 30 credits per academic year: live, hybrid, or online via the institution's learning management system. Responsibilities will include supporting NPC's values: 1) quality learning environment, 2) diversity and accessibility, 3) integrity and accountability, and 4) collaboration toward success; as well as upholding the mission of providing, supporting, and promoting life-long learning.
Successful candidates will teach courses in the accredited undergraduate Science Department, as well as other courses for which they are qualified and assigned; teach in a variety of environments and modes (team-taught offerings, day offerings, evening offerings, online offerings, hybrid offerings, etc.) in accordance with course outlines and instructional procedures; integrate technology with instruction; assess students in light of the institution goals, program goals, and course objectives; maintain appropriate scheduled office hours; provide service to the department, division, college, and community as assigned by the supervising department chair, dean
or elected by peers; develop good working relationships with discipline-related professionals in the College's Service area; collaborate and participate in AZTransfer to foster transferability opportunities; serve as a community resource in area of expertise; be active in one's field of expertise; travel within the College district.
Standard Faculty Expectations:
1. Positively supports and promotes college's students, faculty, administrators, staff, and communities.
2. Teach a minimum of 15 credit hours/loads per semester, at varied times and locations and using avariety of teaching delivery systems (e.g., video, enhanced audio, on line) within the qualified discipline.
3. Participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of curriculum, including assessment of student learning, and program review.
4. Maintain accurate student records.
5. Maintain regular office hours and meet all instructional deadlines
6. Serve on program Advisory Councils, Committees, and Articulation Task Forces
7. Provide input for budgets, book orders, and, semester schedules.
8. Engage in creative and scholarly activities within the discipline.
9. Maintain industry recognized certification in assigned discipline, as required.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Discipline-Specific Faculty Expectations:
Teaching responsibilities may include but are not restricted to: undergraduate courses in Chemistry and Biology. Other courses may be developed to fit the successful candidate's expertise and program demand as approved by the appropriate Department Chair and Dean.
In addition, the successful candidate will
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Located in rural, Northern Arizona, Northland Pioneer College serves two counties (Navajo and Apache Counties) by providing a vast array of eductional opportunities to a diverse population. The College consists of 4 campuses and 5 centers (which also serve communities within the Hopi, the Navajo Nation, and the White Mountain Apache Tribe). There is ample opportunity in this region to make a difference in students'/community members' lives, while enjoying a rural lifestyle with outdoor recreation and wide-open, tranquil landscapes. Northland Pioneer College is committed to providing, supporting, and promoting lifelong learning.Posted: 06/04/2020